Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if ApplegraphicsDevicepolicykext may have a solution, involving system definition.
View attachment 226451 View attachment 226452

You would have to find the proper board definition or assign your current one to config2 setting.
Using EDID for the graphics card in clover and this kext.

I think Mork was trying something along the lines of that idea from the Clover side, but I do not know how much sucess he has been having in that endeavor.

Using it and logging into App store or iCloud may raise flags if the system def changes but serial number doesn't..

Yeah good catch. There is a thread somewhere on this site that if you want to try that, you need to log out of everything completely before making the change.

Yeah good catch. There is a thread somewhere on this site that if you want to try that, you need to log out of everything completely before making the change.
Yep, that's why I don't like messing around with sys def once I've set up messages and continuity with iCloud.

So now, lol:lolno: I have 3 DVI cables hooked up to my rig. 1 for the IGPU, 1 for the 460 and 1 for the 1070. The Monitor has a DVI cable coming out with a DVI coupler on the end so I can plug 1 of the three computer cables in.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
We could use a keychain remote to disable the igpu monitor cable, that way we don't have to reach over and unplug it during or after boot process.

I have aleays left it plugged in, it saves wear and tear on the cables and plugs. I think they still sell KVM switches to drain Iwagsz' wallet :) .

I have aleays left it plugged in, it saves wear and tear on the cables and plugs. I think they still sell KVM switches to drain Iwagsz' wallet :) .
LOL! Before I go there, I'll need a raise on my Social Security check. :D

Does anyone know how I can remove the legacy section of the 480 Bios?
My card has dual bios, so I want to flash a version of the bios that disables the legacy section. Apparently this will allow me to boot with the igpu disabled.
If I need to get to the clover screen, I can just flip the bios switch and go back to the normal bios.

With iMac 15,1 def Sleep works (but RX 480 doesn't), with 14,2 rx480 works but no sleep.

Any suggestions?
I have rx480 working with 15,1 and 14,2 sys def, but not sleep. Maybe, it's a problem related to mb or other

Last edited:
hey @Gigamaxx what RX 460 Brand recommend actually? I have this build and I'm thinking for the Gigabyte RX 460 4GB WINDFORCE OC

Edit:
Now I have the Ultrawide Dell U2913WM working with my RX 480 connected via DisplayPort to Mini-Dp cable that comes with the monitor. But is detected as Television, I can use the same process to fix the problem?

Here the system information:
1YcpH5S.png

You can see that said:

Television: Yes.

Is there any way to fix that and force to use RGB instead YCbCr? because in some websites the text look so weird
Screen Shot 2016-12-25 at 11.35.15 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back