Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 my system too...

For both of you to check.

Your config.plist has a lot of items in the clover ACSI section, click on it, scroll to the one with the large number and click. Unclick everything but display and USB fix and then try booting. Some of those fixes may not apply to your system and may actually hinder the loading of the kext fixes in config.plist.

If neither of you can get the 36 CUs try copying the 4100kext to desktop and search the "Enabling all cores for fury cards" thread. You will have to download iHex from App Store and just simply copy and paste the numbers in FlOrions entry. After making the fixes use a kext tool to replace the kext to its proper location.

Remove your current config.plist, and copy it. Then remove the kext patches provided by Mork from your plist. This is the most direct way to get it to load. It you will need to redo the fix after updates. If the clover injection doesn't work try this method.

For both of you to check.

Your config.plist has a lot of items in the clover ACSI section, click on it, scroll to the one with the large number and click. Unclick everything but display and USB fix and then try booting. Some of those fixes may not apply to your system and may actually hinder the loading of the kext fixes in config.plist.

If neither of you can get the 36 CUs try copying the 4100kext to desktop and search the "Enabling all cores for fury cards" thread. You will have to download iHex from App Store and just simply copy and paste the numbers in FlOrions entry. After making the fixes use a kext tool to replace the kext to its proper location.

Remove your current config.plist, and copy it. Then remove the kext patches provided by Mork from your plist. This is the most direct way to get it to load. It you will need to redo the fix after updates. If the clover injection doesn't work try this method.
I unchecked all, now my os dont boot even with unibeast usb key or backup config. Cpu halts and it shuts down in 5 second. Last messages are about file system.

On Skylake in order to get FCPX 10.3.1 working I needed to delete the following two files. Just injecting Intel = False did not work for me.
Now it's working perfectly.

SKL.jpeg

Deleting all the skylake drivers results in a ghost screen that is annoying.
Such just delete these and it will run fine.

Last edited:
hahaha, i encountered this problem as well, so i build my super compact atx case which cost me only about 80 dollar :D

So I did a little digging on my MB BIOS settings and found in tools the possibility of changing pci-e slot 2 to post gpu. I took the 460 out of my case so I will put it back in and give it a try. If this works I'll be able to leave the 1070 in slot 1 16x.

When you change/add clover bootloaders in the EFI partition, you also need to check the main partition in the EFI Backups folder. If the config.plists are different it can cause an identity crisis when booting. Also, if you have 2 or more clover versions in EFI this can cause problems as well. I always remove the current version of clover in the EFI and backup folders and before I install the new one. Remember to save your config plist, and to add fakesmckext to clover kext folders 10.12, and Other.
The Ellesmere patching is in the latest versions of clover 3900+ and it will determine the name and ID of your RX 460, 480 card and assign Dayman frame buffer name. You will still need to fix the 4100kext for acceleration, but it will give you the proper name for your card, almost, RX 480 probably. For this to work you have to inject ATI. If you don't inject ATI and you have done the 4100kext fix, the name will be R9 XXX but it's only cosmetic and you will have acceleration.

Is there a reason why you are manually patching the 4100kext instead of just setting Devices -> FakeID -> ATI in clover ?

Setting up Fake Id (0x67FF1002) + InjectATI / InjectIntel + FixDisplay in clover is working perfectly for me using latest clover and MSI RX 480 GamingX 8GB (with iGPU primary of course)

I unchecked all, now my os dont boot even with unibeast usb key or backup config. Cpu halts and it shuts down in 5 second. Last messages are about file system.
What can I do now? I can't boot recovery because it doesn't have fakesmc. Reinstall?

Install fakesmc.kext via single user mode.

BTW....Learning single user mode is something all hackintoshers should do.
I think my OS couldn't even boot in single user mode. I tried. I reinstalled it. I assume, the partition table has collapsed.

Now I managed to get 36 CUs. Is there a way to get around 4100.kext modification to make it "update-proof"?
I have clover 3761 installed now, installed Mork's patch and modfied 4100 kext with 67DF id.

Update:
When system goes to sleep, if I wake it up, it just restarts. Is there a way to fix this?

Update2:
My system randomly got a kernel panic. Where can I find logs to attach?

Last edited:
Fl0r!an, where We can chat ? Where I can't because I haven't 74 post or can you write me on conversation on this account .
Hi andboid, if you have questions regarding the topic of this thread you can post here and Fl0r!an can help. If its off topic to this thread but relevant to graphics you can start a new thread in the Graphics forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back