Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's acting like a igpu to allow the RX to work in Sierra, the question is will it work in Windows with the 1080 and RX 480. If it's compatible in Windows with both cards and since his 1080 is in the 1 slot if it ignores the RX and functions that's pretty cool. He won't have to move the cards around for optimum graphics in each format. 1080 for Windows and RX for Sierra, a uniquely dual bootx2 hackintosh.

Ingenious if it works well in both formats.

nothing, I only edit photo using RX480 in Sierra and GTX1080 for gaming in windows10, so I am quite satisfied :D

So you are booting not using IGPU but PEG and your getting the clover boot screen.
Is every thing running through the 1080 or the 480?
If that's the case I will just add a 460 for my macOS drive.

Display will have to be connected to the active GPU, so RX 480 in macOS and GTX 1080 in Windows. Boot screen should appear on primary GPU only => Pascal GPU, not RX.
That's makes sense. I'm still confused with the boot screen and if he is using Bios to set Boot or if the Clover boot screen is seen.
With Peg set for display it is bypassing Igpu altogether so it would get the boot screen from the 1080?

In 10.12.2, still very poor Dota2 gaming experience but iMovie playback is good to go. :D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 9.08.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 9.08.35 PM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 201
  • Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 9.09.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-14 at 9.09.44 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 146
MacOs 10.12.2 , FCPX still crashes... omg...where is solution? :cry: :beachball:

I have only one connected monitor via HDMI, second monitor is Intel HD without injection (Ghost Monitor) , more choppy UI when I use Injection Intel HD ON....

I did update. FCPX crashes at start.

FCPX crash Fixed 10.12.2!
  • Change SMBIOS definition to MacPro 5,1
  • move or delete (backup) AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from S/L/E
  • Two cards injected (AMD+Intel) normally , without choppy UI and any lags

Well I bought a Sapphire 460 2GB card to go with my 1070. Got it from Newegg for $86 with rebate and. At least it will get me off the Igpu for Sierra.
It doesn't require a power connector.
So I been away from this thread for a while. Do I have to change anything other than eject ATI in clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back