Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, i'm a little confused, did you mean that 470 should use id 0x67E0 instead of 0x67DF? I was always using 0x67DF1002

No, the 67EO definition is what has been changed in the 4000 and 4100 kexts, but now as of beta 4 you can also use the 67FF definition to make the card accelerate. I tried the 67FF definition prior to beta 4 and it didn't work. Now it does.
67EO and 67FF.png
I did a fresh install of Sierra did the beta updates and did not modify anything and I was able to get support using only EDID injection in clover with a RX 480 using the 67EF, and 67FF definitions. When I used the 67EO definition with EDID the card did not get metal support. Its possible that the 67EO definition is for a new AMD card and may not work so well down the road as apple updates the drivers. At least we have a backup 67FF to use as well now.

Sent my RX 480 back and bought a Nvidia 1070 since I use little graphics in macOS but Windows 10 is my gaming platform.

Maybe at some point Nvidia will bring web drivers for me.

Good luck people.

Maybe at some point Nvidia will bring web drivers for me.
Probably in February 2017, keep waiting :p

the card did not get metal support.
Have you tested the metal performance? GLXBench Meatal doesn't run, probably bcz they are checking hackintos, says "Virtualized or custom OS". Have you played any metal games?

Anyone tested the Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX480 4g or 8G version?
I'm tempted to replace my two 7970s with two or three of them (starting with one as a tester first) if the nitro runs in Sierra. With FCPX my 7970s are showing their age...

is anyone still rooting for xfx rx 460 like me? :lol:

Anyone tested the Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX480 4g or 8G version?
I'm tempted to replace my two 7970s with two or three of them (starting with one as a tester first) if the nitro runs in Sierra. With FCPX my 7970s are showing their age...

I tested a sapphire nitro RX 470 8gb that worked very well, others have reported the nitro RX 480 working in Sierra.

No, the 67EO definition is what has been changed in the 4000 and 4100 kexts, but now as of beta 4 you can also use the 67FF definition to make the card accelerate. I tried the 67FF definition prior to beta 4 and it didn't work. Now it does.
View attachment 216696
I did a fresh install of Sierra did the beta updates and did not modify anything and I was able to get support using only EDID injection in clover with a RX 480 using the 67EF, and 67FF definitions. When I used the 67EO definition with EDID the card did not get metal support. Its possible that the 67EO definition is for a new AMD card and may not work so well down the road as apple updates the drivers. At least we have a backup 67FF to use as well now.

The EDID injection booted your card without any helper gpu ?
if so,
what about the rx460 so far that already has the 67EF ID?

Question: I have a P67A-UD3-B3 and a ASUS R9 270X. This motherboard has no support for integrated graphics. Am I SOL on Sierra until the boot to igfx issue has a solution?

The EDID injection booted your card without any helper gpu ?
if so,
what about the rx460 so far that already has the 67EF ID?

My Gigabyte RX 460 has had support from early on (pre-public release betas), I had no luck with other models at the early stages of Sierra.
Question: I have a P67A-UD3-B3 and a ASUS R9 270X. This motherboard has no support for integrated graphics. Am I SOL on Sierra until the boot to igfx issue has a solution?

No, the R9 270x should work without igfx. Mine works with the r9 as primary display output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back