Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mork vom Ork, and @florian
Can you explain the difference between unload and load in the AppleGraphicsDevicecontroller is.
load unload.png
And also what about assigning a configuration# to your Mac model?
Configmap.png
Is there any way to configure these in a way that may allow dedicated graphics?
I noticed most of the definitions that are assigned a config are #2 EDID? Has this been considered or tried, is it worth trying? Any info or education would be appreciated in this area.

just veryfied my theory: flashed my RX460 with nonGOP-VBIOS (thx. to FLORIAN 4 providing this), disabled IGPU in BIOS and rebooted... with same effect: BlackScreen after verbose boot. Damn it... i was hoping to get the problem solved. But no, still not working as solo gfx card within a Hackintosh.

So have to continue investigating the problem. SORRY.

At least you're trying, it's more than most people do. Thanks for sharing once again, little by little if we may find what doesn't work and it may lead us to an answer.

Do I understand correctly that RX 480 cards works fully now?

XFX, Sapphire, and Red Devil (Powercooler) brands have been successful with windows 10 level benchmarks in open GL format.
I tried other brands to no avail, however vendors may provide new card support as time goes on.

If you have or buy one of the above mentioned cards you can make a few easy mods to get Metal Support.

RX 470 cards that i was able to get working, MSI, Sapphire.

RX 460 Gigabyte 2 and 4gb models with no 6 pin power connector, and Sapphire nitro RX 460 4gb with 6 pin. These cards run close to natively without any kext modifications. Just set bios to IGPU as primary display output.

XFX, Sapphire, and Red Devil (Powercooler) brands have been successful with windows 10 level benchmarks in open GL format.
I tried other brands to no avail, however vendors may provide new card support as time goes on.

If you have or buy one of the above mentioned cards you can make a few easy mods to get Metal Support.

RX 470 cards that i was able to get working, MSI, Sapphire.

RX 460 Gigabyte 2 and 4gb models with no 6 pin power connector, and Sapphire nitro RX 460 4gb with 6 pin. These cards run close to natively without any kext modifications. Just set bios to IGPU as primary display output.
Thank you! I read your post about enabling AMD support and now I am debating whether to go with MSI RX 470 4gb or with Sapphire RX 480 8GB - would I be able to make it fully workable (with accelaration, etc)?

Thank you! I read your post about enabling AMD support and now I am debating whether to go with MSI RX 470 4gb or with Sapphire RX 480 8GB - would I be able to make it fully workable (with accelaration, etc)?

Absolutely, I loved the MSI, I really tried to get the MSI 480 card to work but no luck. The Sapphire 480 will give you a little better performance and 8gb is good for future proofing your system. The MSI is built like a tank and very solid, the Sapphire more feather like but performance is awesome. Its a tough choice, get both?

Both cards will get full acceleration and be on par with windows 10 performance levels. Both cards will also decelerate as well, which is also important. Some early testers had cards screaming but they couldn't stop the acceleration. The current beta Sierra versions have much better support than the public release, but the public release will work just fine for now.

What i want to understand in my case, Why my "sapphire rx 460 OC" booting while installation (native) ? and booting to fuzzy black screen after installation ? why the kernel success to boot the ext while installing and not booting after? why clover success to bring this state of success in and fail after ?

Absolutely, I loved the MSI, I really tried to get the MSI 480 card to work but no luck. The Sapphire 480 will give you a little better performance and 8gb is good for future proofing your system. The MSI is built like a tank and very solid, the Sapphire more feather like but performance is awesome. Its a tough choice, get both?

Both cards will get full acceleration and be on par with windows 10 performance levels. Both cards will also decelerate as well, which is also important. Some early testers had cards screaming but they couldn't stop the acceleration. The current beta Sierra versions have much better support than the public release, but the public release will work just fine for now.
Thanks. Another question if I may - should I go for Sapphire Radeon RX 480 or Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8 GB (would that one work?)

What i want to understand in my case, Why my "sapphire rx 460 OC" booting while installation (native) ? and booting to fuzzy black screen after installation ? why the kernel success to boot the ext while installing and not booting after? why clover success to bring this state of success in and fail after ?

Because the card works on idle as a non supported card. Once the cards is supported the software requires it to be in "integrated graphics mode". Before it had support it worked on idle (lowest speed) once it gets acceleration it needs to be in ogpu mode.

Thanks. Another question if I may - should I go for Sapphire Radeon RX 480 or Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8 GB (would that one work?)

The Nitro, it works and has better cooling, and its overclocked! You'll get slightly better performance with the nitro. PowerCooler Red Devil, and XFX models also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back