Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pg 64 has the 4100kext version of FakeSMCkext. Add it to EFI clover kext folders 10,11, and Other. Use EFIMounter to open up EFI partition. You will need to get into the 12.1 beta program for the 4100kext version of Sierra.

I tried the 4000kext version and it hasn't worked for me. That is the public release version of Sierra.

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 6.53.07 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 6.53.57 PM.png So...Yaeh....Pain in the butt to go from macOS to Windows 10 having to switch IGFX to PCIe and Boot disk but it's doable. Tomorrow Ubuntu 16.04 drivers but in the mean time some comparison benches of Windows 10 compared to my previous post on macOS.

1303Mhz speed 72C fans at 1600rpm

Some one on here had been using a display switcher which would come in handy. Anyone know of a good one?

Added LuxMark Bench from Sierra for anyone interested.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 9.44.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at 9.44.04 PM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 200
Last edited:
So far running good. Btw i'm curious whats the benefit of using dayman over radeon fb? Seems like i have to edit my DSDT for injecting dayman fb. Whats the benefit?

Heres a crazy idea. What happens if we disable IGPU from BIOS. But what if we create a fake IGPU in DSDT, would that work? Any dsdt expert wanna try?

Last edited:
Can someone help me with my R9 290? Do I need to patch any kext or set FakeID, FBName before setting IGPU to primary in UEFI? Or how do I make this card work in Sierra?

So far running good. Btw i'm curious whats the benefit of using dayman over radeon fb? Seems like i have to edit my DSDT for injecting dayman fb. Whats the benefit?
Injecting a matching framebuffer usually helps solving stability/compatibility issues (multi-display setups, screen hotplugging, flickering, artifacts, ...). If you don't have such issues there's usually no need to inject anything.

Additionally it enables injecting a custom display name instead of the generic "R9 xxx" string, but that's purely cosmetic.

Heres a crazy idea. What happens if we disable IGPU from BIOS. But what if we create a fake IGPU in DSDT, would that work? Any dsdt expert wanna try?
Sounds like an interesting plane, but my DSDT skills are quite limited, so I'm out here.

@yodeiu: FakeID, Inject/Ati and FixDisplay should be sufficient.

This concerns me from Geekbench 4 compute benchmarks. Looks like Apples Radon drivers are not very good with Open CL compared to drivers for Windows 10 from Sapphire Crimson.Screen Shot 2016-10-16 at 6.39.57 AM.png GeekBench4_wind_comp.PNG

On 10.12.1 Beta i don' t have ghost monitor using R9 380. Soon i try booting with GPU as first in BIOS.

Last edited:
Never ever............ compare any OS X version to any Windows version, completely different.
Well it definitely benched different for compute.

The compute that Windows 10 shows is the correct compute for a RX 480.

This concerns me from Geekbench 4 compute benchmarks. Looks like Apples Radon drivers are not very good with Open CL compared to drivers for Windows 10 from Sapphire Crimson.View attachment 215868 View attachment 215869
Well, you're currently using beta drivers made for a different GPU - I wouldn't expect it to get everything out of your P10 card. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back