Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a z170 with an i5 skylake, so I can only do iMac 17.1, most haswell and prior are using iMac 14.2? I think.

Did you try hitting the space bar at clover scroll down to open without Kexts and caches to get in, then run MultiBeast.
Do you really think that can be the reason why sierra wont boot ? Never had to do this step after installation on previous versions of macOS to boot.

Do you really think that can be the reason why sierra wont boot ? Never had to do this step after installation on previous versions of macOS to boot.

Not a reason it won't boot, but a way to possibly get it to boot. Once you get in you may have something to work with.

I just did another fresh install using clover 3676, and instead of using my own config.plist (injected), I decided to let it scan my system and inject its own. Got right in first try. System definition= iMac 17.1 unfortunately after running multi beast my ram went from 16gb 2400 ddr4 to 8gb 3200 ddr4. I survived the updates and now I'm going to try masking the GPU at clover startup to see if there is any acceleration on the RX480.

Just read that the Beta 4 version is being released to developers, maybe next week we can get another update.

I just ran my R7 265 (R9 270x) and noticed my startup, Siri and FaceTime all ran flawlessly, after rebooting with my RX 480 I noticed the screen stuttering at startup, Siri is confused and really shaky, and FaceTime is iffy.

I ran it with the 0x67DF1002 number that was assigned by clover.

Im going to try the other IDs using the RX480 and list below any improvements, or failures.

0x67E01002 = same result

0x67FF1002 = same result

0x67EF1002 = slightly better Siri (Audio is better but still a little shaky) startup a little less shaky.

Now time to move on to some other injections

0x67B11002 (R9 390, R9 290) = same result

0x67B01002 (R9 290X, R9 390X) = same result

0x69391002 (R9 285, R9 380) = same result

0x69381002 (R9 380X) = same result

So far Beta 3 has no native acceleration yet.

Waiting for Beta 4 update.

Last edited:
Public Beta 4 is out! Eagerly waiting results as my RX480 is already on the way (Will be used primarily for Win10 setup, but i'm definitely up for helping with any testing.)

Hello everyone!
I can confirm that RX480 works selecting it as primary on bios on Sierra PB4.

Selected as primary on graphics output and deactivated integrated graphics in chipset option (gigabyte board)
One issue though is that graphics are not accelerated, I'm not using FBname, nor fake id, or inject ATI. could that be the cause??

Ellesmere.. Is that
"Ellesmere" section is still missing in X4000.kext in PB4. Don't know if OpenGL drivers have been improved, someone would need to check that.
Is that anything related to the RX480??

"Ellesmere" section is still missing in X4000.kext in PB4. Don't know if OpenGL drivers have been improved, someone would need to check that.
Not completely true: ELLESMERE only missing in info.plist but contained in parts within the binary, but, as far as i can read it, still no initialization routine. But maybe someone with real coding skills could take a look at it:
ellesmere_code.jpg
ellesmere_code.png

Ellesmere.. Is that

Is that anything related to the RX480??
Yes, RX 480 is Ellesmere.

Not completely true: ELLESMERE only missing in info.plist but contained in parts within the binary, but, as far as i can read it, still no initialization routine.
Yes, you're right. I wouldn't interpret a lot into that though, beside the fact that Apple is working on it (which is quite obvious, looking at Apples current GPU options). "Fiji" stuff was inside X4000 for a long time in El Capitan, and it never worked.

Btw, did OpenGL stability improve in PB4?

I wouldn't interpret a lot into that though, beside the fact that Apple is working on it (which is quite obvious, looking at Apples current GPU options). "Fiji" stuff was inside X4000 for a long time in El Capitan, and it never worked.

Btw, did OpenGL stability improve in PB4?

I believe, based on the latest rumors about new MacBook maybe released in late September, they will include AMD RX460m gfx processor. BAFFIN code gets more and more improved from beta-to-beta. Will get a Sapphire RX460 OC for testing-purpose by tomorrow. Will keep ya informed on performance and usability under latest SIERRA DP5.

Oh, and btw: no OpenGL improvements for me with the Sapphire RX480 OC. Using the card for browsing the web or posting in forums like this one, it is ok. But still no Video accelleration and no sound via HDMI :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back