Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Spec
Asus Z170-A
Core i7 6700k
16GB DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance
Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Having just updated my system to macOS Sierra all is working well as it should with no casualties, sound, network, all USB ports (even 3.0!), CPU speed step still working right too. I did have an issue with reaching the installer using the recommended Without Caches option within Clover. The only way I could reach the installer was to not use this option and it booted straight in. Ensure you have the latest version of Clover before installing.

The only reported issue post installation I can give is that I have a three monitor setup, two via DisplayPort and one via HDMI. If I leave all 3 monitors connected with the Nvidia Web driver enabled the system hangs at boot and will not progress until I reset. If i unplug two of the monitors and boot with just a single display the system boots as normal and then you can plug the other two monitors in and they should come on as normal.

nvda-drv=1 is no longer working - instead set NvidiaWeb=True in NVRAM

My primary display is a G-Sync display and the Nvidia driver does not detect it in the new G-SYNC tab in driver settings as connected even though I am typing on it as I write this, again probably will be fixed in a further update but no bother as I can set it to run at 144hz in Display settings.

tldr; If you can't boot after installing the latest nvidia driver and have more than one monitor - disconnect them so you only have one, boot in to macOS and then plug in your other monitors and it will work. I am sure there will be an update to solve this further down the line.

Hope this helps someone in future.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have same specs with you. Can you share your efi folder without your serial number etc.
thank you

I have pretty equal issue. I have two monitors, nvda_dra=1 or NvidiaWeb=True -> both works, but only when ONE monitor is connected. When two are connected i got black screen on both.

Have looked into it this seems to be a fix for those using iMac15,1 iMac17, and MacPro6,1 system definitions. I am currently using iMac 14,1. I don't believe that specific fix is for my issue but many thanks.

I have the same problem: Monitor is connected via Display Port, and HDTV via HDMI. I have to unplug the TV for Sierra to boot correctly.

Any idea on how to fix this? I'm using the default iMac 14,2 from Unibeast Sierra.

Last edited:
I have the same problem: Monitor is connected via Display Port, and HDTV via HDMI. I have to unplug the TV for Sierra to boot correctly.

Any idea on how to fix this? I'm using the default iMac 14,2 from Unibeast Sierra.

Hi Mos - I still have this issue and as of yet have not come across a fix however I have not looked for a while. I am now on 10.12.1 and the latest Nvidia Driver and the problem still persists.

Hi Mos - I still have this issue and as of yet have not come across a fix however I have not looked for a while. I am now on 10.12.1 and the latest Nvidia Driver and the problem still persists.

Hi sneakyvtr, thanks for your reply. I realize most people probably don't use more than one monitor, but hopefully someone will find a way to fix it eventually :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back