Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to buy a HP Intel NIC. You can find them on eBay but they seem to be a little pricey. Take a look a look at this. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272159132879
Super! Does it work out of the box? I am thinking of TP Link PCI-e TG3468 (but then i need to install the driver) ir perhaps go for TP Link N900 wireless (and then it will work OOB)

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi -Driver responsible to unlock VBIOS and make available "hidden" resolutions while UEFI booting. (i used it with GTX 560Ti - u can skip it)
If you haven't problem with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi skip -free2000.efi version.
Thanks! The sleep broke again :(

What problems do you experience with OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi? Related to wake/sleep issues?

Super! Does it work out of the box? I am thinking of TP Link PCI-e TG3468 (but then i need to install the driver) ir perhaps go for TP Link N900 wireless (and then it will work OOB)

No. Requires intel kext from multibeast.

The update fails on my system. I downloaded Sierra from the app store and launched the installer. Nothing visibly seems to go wrong, but at the end of the installation, after I reboot, in About This Mac, my system is still shown as OSX El Capitan. I attached the log file from the installer.

5. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating. Press spacebar to enter Boot Options and choose Without Caches option then Boot Mac OS X with selected options.

6. Complete the installation process. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

7. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot Mac OS X option (Example: Boot Mac OS X from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.

Thank you for posting this! Fixed my audio!
I mounted the EFI using EFI Mount V3 and ran the audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0 script (I tried number 1 and then 3). But I still have no audio. Is there any more to do other than running that script?

Updated from el capitan via app store and worked fine rebooted and started install partition and, then i updated nvdidia web drivers and also disavled nvdiadrv=1 with no sound but i am looking forward to fix it

I mounted the EFI using EFI Mount V3 and ran the audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0 script (I tried number 1 and then 3). But I still have no audio. Is there any more to do other than running that script?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/

Scroll down to the bottom of the first post. There tou will find 3 troubleshooting guides:

Troubleshooting/Problem Reporting (Posts to this thread reporting problems will be removed)
  1. No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA
  2. No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA
  3. No Audio After Sleep/Wake - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

If audio does not work, you most likely have chosen the wrong configuration. Download https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALCInjection/blob/master/audio_codecdetect.command.zip to check which ALC and audio ID you need, and if you need clover injection or not. All credits to Toleda of course!

Updated!
1. updated Clover to 3751
2. made a backup
3. updated to macOS Sierra as per already posted instructions
4. updated NVidia web drivers
5. launched ALC Toleda command v.120 for audio

Everything is fine except universal clipboard... I'll investigate!

HW: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK, Intel Xeon E3 1241v3, Corsair 4x4GB, Zotac NVidia GTX 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back