CPU
i7-6850K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Mac OS seems to run quite well on these notebook, with Clover botloader, and also with Cameleon. All seems to work well except Nvidia 540M. I opened this topic, in the hopes that those, with same laptop (hardware) as mine or like to give their opinion about this build here, about a potential fuctionalitate and rectifications.
I forgot to mention that webcam its upside-down!
Anyone used this laptop model in EFI mode?
I Can,t use this laptop just in legacy mode, but it has EFI option in bios. It just won't boot in UEFI, nedir windows or OSX
Any suggestion or advice will be appreciated!

STEP 1: Download macOS Sierra
The full operating system is a free download for anyone who has a Mac.
1. Purchase a 16GB or larger USB drive
2. Open Mac App Store
3. Log in with your Apple ID
4. Download macOS Sierra
The Application Install macOS Sierra will appear in /Applications.

STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with terminal.
1. Insert the USB drive
2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
3. Left corner click / View / Show all devices
4. Highlight the USB drive in left column
5. Click Erase button
6. For Name: type USB (You can rename it later)
7. For Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) GUID
8. Click Erase then Done
9. Copy paste the falowing command in terminal; sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/UNTITLED --nointeraction && say Mojave Drive Created
( change UNTITLED with your erased usb name)

STEP 3 Install Clover Bootloader on USB
1.Download Clover bootloader from internet, and install with settings from screenshots down below.
2.Replace your Clover folder from EFI with mine; INSTALL USB ASUS N73SV CLOVER MOJAVE

STEP 4: Recommended BIOS Settings in general
If you're installing on a recommended CustoMac desktop with AMI UEFI BIOS, the options are simple. For other systems make sure to set your BIOS to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode.
For this Notebook Asus N73SV just Load Optimized Defaults
1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO Serial Port, disable it
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
10. Save and exit.

STEP 5: Install macOS Sierra
All you need to do is boot from the USB drive and install! Insert the USB in a USB 2.0 port.
1. Turn on the computer
2. Press the hotkey to choose boot device (F12 for Gigabyte motherboards, F8 for ASUS motherboards, F11 for ASrock motherboards)
3. Choose your USB
4. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot OS X Install from Install macOS Sierra
5. When you arrive at the Installer, choose language.
6. For a new installation of macOS, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing.
  • a. In the top menu bar choose Utilities, and open Disk Utility
  • b. Left corner click / View / Show all devices
  • c. Highlight your target drive for the Mojave installation in left column.
  • d. Click Erase button
  • e. For Name: type macOS Sierra (You can rename it later)
  • f. For Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
  • g. Click Erase
  • h. Close Disk Utility
7. When the installer asks you where to install, choose macOS Sierra
8. Upon completion, the system will automatically restart.
9. Press the hotkey to choose boot device (F12 for Gigabyte motherboards, F8 for ASUS motherboards, F11 for ASrock motherboards)
10. Choose Install macOS Mojave USB
11. At the Boot Screen, choose macOS Sierra
12. Complete macOS installation. The system will automatically reboot.

STEP 6: Post Installation
The installation is complete, but the drive isn't bootable yet. Boot from the USB again, this time choosing macOS Mojave.
1. Press the hotkey to choose boot device (F12 for Gigabyte motherboards, F8 for ASUS motherboards, F11 for ASrock motherboards)
2. Choose USB
3. At the Boot Screen, choose your new macOS Sierra installation.
4. Complete macOS Sierra setup
5. Download Clover bootloader from internet, and install with settings from screenshots down below.
6. Replace your Clover folder from EFI with mine and reboot; CLOVER POSTINSTALL ASUS N73SV MOJAVE
7. At the Boot Screen, choose your new macOS Sierra HDD.
8. Reboot

You are done.. installation is complete, you have a full functional MacBook Pro - Asus N73SV !

Attachments

• CLOVER POSTINSTALL ASUS N73SV MOJAVE.zip
    7 MB · Views: 108
  • INSTALL USB ASUS N73SV CLOVER MOJAVE.zip
    5 MB · Views: 107
  • Screenshot 2018-10-13 at 15.00.00.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-13 at 15.00.00.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot 2018-10-13 at 15.01.24.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-13 at 15.01.24.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 245
  • Screenshot 2018-10-13 at 15.02.02.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-13 at 15.02.02.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 242
  • Screenshot 2018-10-13 at 15.02.40.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-13 at 15.02.40.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 254
Last edited:
macOS Sierra seems to run quite well on these notebook, with Clover botloader, and also with Cameleon. All seems to work well except USB 3, and Nvidia 540M. I opened this topic, in the hopes that those, with same laptop (hardware) as mine or like to give their opinion about this build here, about a potential fuctionalitate and rectifications.
Can anyone Used this laptop model in EFI mode?
I Can,t use this laptop just in legacy mode, but it has EFI option in bios. It just won't boot in UEFI, nedir windows or OSX

Your profile has no laptop hardware details. Please fix as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Last edited:
macOS Sierra seems to run quite well on these notebook, with Clover botloader, and also with Cameleon. All seems to work well except USB 3, and Nvidia 540M. I opened this topic, in the hopes that those, with same laptop (hardware) as mine or like to give their opinion about this build here, about a potential fuctionalitate and rectifications.
Can anyone Used this laptop model in EFI mode?

If your BIOS has no option for UEFI, then you can't boot Clover in UEFI mode...
There is information regarding dual GPU (Nvidia Optimus) in the FAQ.
Depending on your USB3 controller, you might try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

If your BIOS has no option for UEFI, then you can't boot Clover in UEFI mode...
There is information regarding dual GPU (Nvidia Optimus) in the FAQ.
Depending on your USB3 controller, you might try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

In my bios it is UEFI. Have 2 options Legacy an EFi Boot. but when I insert a usb stick with EFI OS then it,s stuck on windows logo

with genericusbxhci kext works sometimes sometimes not, like when I insert the stick in usb 3 and start the laptop its shows up but if I insert the tumbdrive after log in it dose,t work.
sory for my bad English
Also my HDMI not work if I boot with another display connected to HDMI then it show clover loading in verbose but wen it come to point of login OS it go reset.

Maybe I ned to boot the EFI tumbdrive somehow with this EFIShell File sistem I notes my bios have this option
Or maybe just ned a Optical rom dvdrom to boot uefi from cd

In my bios it is UEFI. Have 2 options Legacy an EFi Boot. but when I insert a usb stick with EFI OS then it,s stuck on windows logo

You must use your BIOS hotkey to reach the boot menu. Then select the UEFI USB from the list.

with genericusbxhci kext works sometimes sometimes not, like when I insert the stick in usb 3 and start the laptop its shows up but if I insert the tumbdrive after log in it dose,t work.

It is typical. Usually works on second plug, especially if you have two USB3 ports (plug into port A, unplug, plug into port B).
Or plug in prior to boot.

Also my HDMI not work if I boot with another display connected to HDMI then it show clover loading in verbose but wen it come to point of login OS it go reset.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back