Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
unkown
CPU
i5-4300
Graphics
intel hd4400
Hi Folks

I am buying a Lenovo laptop with the express purpose of dual booting windows 10 and macOS. I am currently looking at a T440 250gb 2.5"ssd 8gb ram i5-4300 cpu. I know I can install an m.2 2242 ssd as a second drive but what I can't find is if it meets the 9+ series UEFI BIOS requirements so that I can install onto the M.2 drive and subsequently boot macOS
from that drive?

Thanks for all and any info.

Last edited:
Hi Folks

I am buying a Lenovo laptop with the express purpose of dual booting windows 10 and macOS. I am currently looking at a T440 250gb 2.5"ssd 8gb ram i5-4300 cpu. I know I can install an m.2 2242 ssd as a second drive but what I can't find is if it meets the 9+ series UEFI BIOS requirements so that I can install onto the M.2 drive and subsequently boot macOS
from that drive?

Thanks for all and any info.

It will depend on whether your BIOS supports booting from the slot you're trying to use.

It will depend on whether your BIOS supports booting from the slot you're trying to use.
Hmm I won't be able to check that until I buy the laptop. I suppose if it cant be done I can always put windows on the M.2 and macOS on the Main ssd

Hmm I won't be able to check that until I buy the laptop. I suppose if it cant be done I can always put windows on the M.2 and macOS on the Main ssd

It does not matter where you put macOS.
The only thing that matters is that Clover is installed to a device that is supported by BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back