HP ProBook 450 G6
CPU
i5-8265U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sorry if it's obvious, still relatively new to hackintoshing:
I'll start off by saying I triple boot with arch and windows, so I chainload OpenCore through rEFInd.
I had a perfectly working hackintosh up until I decided to get around to setting up secure boot (with shim, as to load MOK signed refind), signed all the .efi files (with the same MOK), and i can get to the boot picker, as well as boot to windows through it, but my macos install doesn't show up while secure boot is enabled in bios.
I tried with it disabled, using the same path (Shim->Refind->OpenCore), and the macos entry was there.
Is using opencore with secure boot in this way even possible?

Your Probook came with Windows installed. Secure Boot enabled will prevent macOS from booting as it's not a supported OS on that hardware. Obviously you'll need to disable Secure Boot to use your multi-boot system.
  • All PCs sold today include keys that Microsoft controls.
  • If you would like to enable UEFI Secure Boot for macOS, you need to replace your computer's standard keys with ones that you control.
  • This is the really complicated part, not recommended, not worth the effort in my opinion.

Last edited:
Your Probook came with Windows installed. Secure Boot enabled will prevent macOS from booting as it's not a supported OS on that hardware. Obviously you'll need to disable Secure Boot to use your multi-boot system.
  • All PCs sold today include keys that Microsoft controls.
  • If you would like to enable UEFI Secure Boot for macOS, you need to replace your computer's standard keys with ones that you control.
  • This is the really complicated part, not recommended, not worth the effort in my opinion.
Ah alright, I saw that as an option but didn't want to go through all of it, hence why i opted to use shim at first, either way, I have no real use for secure boot, as It's more of a personal challenge than anything so I'll be trying that method later :>

Looks like miliuco has posted on this topic recently so post in that thread when you try to enable Secure Boot again.

Looks like miliuco has posted on this topic recently so post in that thread when you try to enable Secure Boot again.

As it turns out, my original method would likely have worked, I just completely forgot I had SecureBootModel set to disabled, as after I tried importing my own keys, I got the same issue. Just changing SecureBootModel it back to default fixed the issue = - ="
Time and effort wise, you're right in saying it probably wasn't worth it
But the satisfaction alone made it worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back