Not open for further replies.

Nny

Motherboard
Aspire E5-573G-56RG
CPU
Intel Core i5-5200U 2.2ghz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce 940m
First off: I'm very sorry because I'm completely new to this.

Quick background: Girlfriend told her dad she wanted a desktop computer (She only has a laptop) and she very much prefers mac (In school for digital media). I knew of the existence of hackintosh so I mentioned that that would be a lot cheaper. However, I never have actually done research on how to do one and was then put on the spot to find a cheap computer before he changed his mind about getting her one.

I found a Levano ThinkCentre M58 on Newegg for $300 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883108662 and got a Radeon 5250 to give a dedicated video card.

So then the here and now: I do the research and found out that it actually only works on specific hardware. Oh no! But thankfully the ThinkCentre M58 has that hardware, woohoo! I got Snow Leopard installed fine (Have not done any combo updates yet) thanks to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5mdKemJr2Y

But now I'm stuck when it comes to the whole DSDT thing and other driver updates. The video card should be fine (I haven't done it yet but googling around has given me guides to make 5250 work) but I'm really kind of at a loss of what to do for everything else. Every guide I have read says: Download your motherboard's DSDT from TonyMac (Since if you're smart, you bought one that is known to work) and run it through Multibeast...but since I don't have one of the motherboards listed here, I'm at a loss.

If someone could just help point me in the right direction of what do now (Which I assume is create my own DSDT file?), I'd greatly appreciate it :)

this guide will get you a DSDT - viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559
Then install with MultiBeast. If you have a list of the hardware take a look at the other options in MB and select the ones that match your hardware. Be sure to tik the System Utilities box so you fix perms and rebuild the cache.

Good luck,
nomad9

Is returning the hardware an option? Can't help but think you'd have a much easier time with known-good (i.e. supported) hardware.

Vendetta said:
Is returning the hardware an option? Can't help but think you'd have a much easier time with known-good (i.e. supported) hardware.

Negative, bought it from Newegg and it's only available for replacement.

And thanks a lot for the link nomad9 :thumbup: Exactly what I needed.

Can you please post your files and settings, maybe with your patched DSDT?

I have a M58p too. Did you use DSDT or not? Can you share DSDT?
Is the shutdown works for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back