Contribute
Register

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately my primary rig is now in pieces in a box, since although it WAS working fine after the supplemental update, I made the it-turns-out-fatal mistake of simply CCC'ing my primary SSD to my backup SSD. Immediately the backup SSD wouldn't boot, i.e. entered repeated rebooting cycles. So I restarted on my primary SSD and guess what? It does the same thing. After two 10-hour days of trying to repair the damage, trying everything including swapping out a 10.12.6 SSD from my backup computer and trying to downgrade to Sierra, completely unsuccessfully, I gave up. I'm now on my backup computer (on 10.12.6) writing this, and I see no way out of this problem.
i done the same thing but forgot to put efi folder on efi partition

Flawless update for me as well :)

How I applied it :
- Uninstall NVidia Webdrivers
- Copy new apfs.efi in EFI
- Install the update (downloaded from apple website, didn't work through the app store)
- Reboot to OSX Install
- Reboot to regular OSX
- Installed new Nvidia Webdrivers
- Ran Toleda's ./audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command

Everything work ! :)

Please Tonymacx86, you should attach the new apfs.efi in the first post, it will be easier for other :)

Thanks to all
should reboot after uninstalling webdriver?

My GT640 works fine without webdriver, so I no need to install it?

GT 640 works with Apple's built-in drivers. You don't have to install the Nvidia web drivers if you don't want to.

Am I reading this correctly? Is there a Uni- and MultiBeast for High Sierra, and I'm just not seeing it?
I think not yet UniBeast or MultiBeast. We will wait a little more I guess but I be happy to taste High Sierra when its out. Wondering if APFS is worth upgrading as I am on NVME 960evo; I hope for 2gb write and 3gb read XD.

I've read through this entire thread, but nobody has mentioned my update problem: For me, the supplemental update installer(s) never create the "Install macOS" partition for the second part of the install.

I've tried direct from the app store, the update package from Apple's site, and the full installer on a USB stick. They all do their initial install thing and reboot. Then, when I'm supposed to make sure to boot "Install macOS" in the Clover boot menu, there is no "Install macOS" - it's all the same boot options as normal. Naturally, when I boot my High Sierra disk, it's still 17A365.

Anybody else seen this or have any ideas?

I've read through this entire thread, but nobody has mentioned my update problem: For me, the supplemental update installer(s) never create the "Install macOS" partition for the second part of the install.

I've tried direct from the app store, the update package from Apple's site, and the full installer on a USB stick. They all do their initial install thing and reboot. Then, when I'm supposed to make sure to boot "Install macOS" in the Clover boot menu, there is no "Install macOS" - it's all the same boot options as normal. Naturally, when I boot my High Sierra disk, it's still 17A365.

Anybody else seen this or have any ideas?

Maybe your build of Clover is too old...

Maybe your build of Clover is too old...

I updated to the latest before I started (4243).

I just tried the USB stick again, just to see if there's any weirdness. When I do the install, it really seems like it's going to work. The progress bar starts at "About 8 minutes remaining". It marches along to the very end and then, BOOM, reboot. At which point there's no "Install macOS" to choose in the Clover boot menu.

I just tried the USB stick again, just to see if there's any weirdness. When I do the install, it really seems like it's going to work. The progress bar starts at "About 8 minutes remaining". It marches along to the very end and then, BOOM, reboot. At which point there's no "Install macOS" to choose in the Clover boot menu.

Do you have anything hidden in the clover gui tab?

You should check your Clover bootlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back