Contribute
Register

macOS CPU Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
N4200
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hi guys, i´ve tried to install macOS on my laptop for basic applications it only can be used on macOS. I installed macOS versions from Sierra to Catalina sucesfull (I am currently trying fix this on High Sierra) but in all of those versions haves a comun problem and that is the multiplier of the cpu. The perfomance is so slow. For example, if open a youtube video or a song on itunes the time that elapses in passing the seconds takes too long, 10 seconds in my hackintosh on real time is 18 seconds so that affects the general perfomance.
So, i think who the causant of this is the multiplier of the cpu, this problem happens in clover and opencore too, the difference is who in opencore needs a fakecpu and amd patches ( 0x010676 Penrym and x86 validate topology patch) for boot macOS and Clover not, but the problem is the same.
When i open "about of this mac" the cpu appears like "unknow" and cpu frequency 1.9 on clover and opencore 1.1Ghz when really is 1.10Ghz how basic frequency to 2.50Ghz.
How can fix that?
CPU: Intel Pentium N4200 4C/4T 1.10Ghz
PD. All EFI folders that i used not work with macOS Big Sur, i don´t know why if on Catalina works fine.

Attachments

• EFI OpenCore.zip
    19.9 MB · Views: 142
Hi guys, i´ve tried to install macOS on my laptop for basic applications it only can be used on macOS. I installed macOS versions from Sierra to Catalina sucesfull (I am currently trying fix this on High Sierra) but in all of those versions haves a comun problem and that is the multiplier of the cpu. The perfomance is so slow. For example, if open a youtube video or a song on itunes the time that elapses in passing the seconds takes too long, 10 seconds in my hackintosh on real time is 18 seconds so that affects the general perfomance.
So, i think who the causant of this is the multiplier of the cpu, this problem happens in clover and opencore too, the difference is who in opencore needs a fakecpu and amd patches ( 0x010676 Penrym and x86 validate topology patch) for boot macOS and Clover not, but the problem is the same.
When i open "about of this mac" the cpu appears like "unknow" and cpu frequency 1.9 on clover and opencore 1.1Ghz when really is 1.10Ghz how basic frequency to 2.50Ghz.
How can fix that?
CPU: Intel Pentium N4200 4C/4T 1.10Ghz
PD. All EFI folders that i used not work with macOS Big Sur, i don´t know why if on Catalina works fine.
Pentiums are not supported on hacks for laptops

Graphics are not supported, Apple do not use Pentiums

Pentiums are not supported on hacks for laptops

Graphics are not supported, Apple do not use Pentiums
Yeah, i know, but the graphics don´t care at the moment, and exist a lot of sucesfull hackintosh with pentiums

Yeah, i know, but the graphics don´t care at the moment, and exist a lot of sucesfull hackintosh with pentiums
yes, you can fake the cpu but not the graphics on a laptop, use compatible hardware for better results

yes, you can fake the cpu but not the graphics on a laptop, use compatible hardware for better results
Yes, i can use more compatible hardware but really i need to hackintosh this laptop, as mentioned the graphics not is a problem, i think that is a kernel problem, you have a idea about of my problem?

Yes, i can use more compatible hardware but really i need to hackintosh this laptop, as mentioned the graphics not is a problem, i think that is a kernel problem, you have a idea about of my problem?
yes, the problem is you are using unsupported hardware on a laptop, meaning that Pentium laptops are not suitable for hackintosh, meaning that you need a different laptop without an i3, i5, i7 or an i9 processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back