Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> macOS could not be Installed when trying to install on an SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock H87 Fatal1ty
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770k
Graphics
PowerColor RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Good Day,
for the past week I've been trying to get Mojave working on my old PC. I've got it working right away the first time I installed Mojave a while back, but that was on an HDD. Last week I popped an SSD into my PC and I've been stuck with the installer freezing at 2 minutes remaining and then aborting with the "macOS could not be installed" error.
I've read a multitude of solutions here and tried them as well, without result:

- After that message trying to boot the installer from the SSD: Same result

- ^ but from preboot: same result or occasionally crashing and then going back to the same result.

- Redownloading the Mojave installer from the App Store: Same result

- Instead of using UniBeast, creating the Installer myself as well as installing Clover: Same result.

- Using ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi instead of apfs.efi: A lot more messages when loading clover but same result.

- Using all 3 versions of (Osx)AptioFix.efi: The first OsxAptio fix spits out an error and shuts down my pc, other 2 are fine, but installer fails.

- Using the Terminal to install ( cd / -> cd Install macOS Mojave.app -> Resources -> startosinstall --volume /Volumes/macOS): Same result

- Copying the InstallESD from SharedResources/SharedSupport to the equivalent location on the SSD: Immediate "macOS could not be installed" when booting the SSD.

- Using a 3 different USB Sticks: Same result.

- Using every USB port on my PC: Same result.

- Upgrading from APFS High Sierra: same result.

Oddly enough, High Sierra installs just fine, APFS and all. Most of my stuff works OOB besides the Nvidia Web Drivers being stuttery, even tho having latest Lilu.kexts and Whatevergreen.kexts.
When opening the Installer Log when installing Mojave, it mentions that it couldnt veryfiy InstallESD.dmg after downloading it, and then posting "the download might be damaged" in the log before retrying, sitting still on "2 minutes remaining" and then eventually giving me the same message on the installer gui itself.

Kexts I'm using with Clover (Everything located in /Other):
- FakeSMC.kext
- NullCPUPowerManagment.kext
- RTL8111.kext

PC Build:
- Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 Motherboard
- Intel Core i7 860
- Nvidia GTX 770
- Kingston SA400S37120G 120GB SSD

At the moment I'm not using any SSDT but the P55A-UD4 DSDT.

Last edited:
Try disconnect all other drive . I had a bug like you when installing mojave, it stuck at less than a minutes remaining, I tried disconect other driver, reinstall and installer went fine :D I tried disconnect other drive by unplug sata cable

I don't have other drives in it.

Bumping this.

Also: just checked again, High Sierra runs fine on APFS

Edit: By a sign of the gods, the Installer randomly completed and I'm now on Mojave, but now booting without nvdisable turns off the screen after finishing the boot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back