Graphics
Sapphire RX5500XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everybody,

I have my first update issue with my Hackintosh :

I download the last Catalina update directly with macOS and I try to download it directly from Apple's website. I launch the installation, my hack reboot and then ... nothing. No installation, no loading, still with 10.15.5 and macOS reminding me that I have an update to install :/ Have done it dozens of time, no change.

What do I miss ?

Thank you for your help :)

when you boot to clover, you should have an extra entry with "install" in the title. select that, the update will continue, and hopefully the entry will disappear afterwards. The update process while I was using Clover was spotty for me too.

Thanks, that what I forgot to add : I don't have this extra entry in clover, like I had with the previous macOS update. :confused:

That's why I'm stuck, and don't know why it doesn't appear

I'm running into the same issue trying to update from 10.15.3 to 10.15.6. No "install" option on the clover boot screen, and when the computer restarts after the install process, I'm still just here running 10.15.3. @nico685 have you made any progress?

Last edited:
Thanks for your help :) I try a lot of times to boot in safe mode, but not sure if it really does. I install the combo update but still the same issue :/

Booting with the short key don't work with my hack. So with clover I've add the safe mode (-x) argument, but then I've a black screen after the loading bar :confused:

I'm stumbling upon the same issue.

macOS 10.15.5, trying to upgrade to 10.15.6
Clover: 5122.

It shows a loading bar at about 2% for a couple of seconds, then restarts with no update being made.

Hi everybody,

I have my first update issue with my Hackintosh :

I download the last Catalina update directly with macOS and I try to download it directly from Apple's website. I launch the installation, my hack reboot and then ... nothing. No installation, no loading, still with 10.15.5 and macOS reminding me that I have an update to install :/ Have done it dozens of time, no change.

What do I miss ?

Thank you for your help :)

same for me - multiple reboots but no new clover entry, and continually booting back into 10.15.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back