macOS Catalina sleep issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z390
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Hello everyone, I am still fairly new to hackintosh.
The specs for this system:
Motherboard: Asus z170-A
CPU: Intel 6600k
GPU: PowerColor rx 580
In the Bios, my settings for graphics is:
Primary Display: PEG
iGPU: Multi-Monitor: Disabled
In About this Mac it shows my processor, well I think, its: 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 and Graphics say Radeon RX 580 8 GB
So the issue is when I put the computer into sleep mode. The screen goes black and says there is no input, which is how my monitor is when I put a computer to sleep. However, the computer stays on, and if I click on the mouse, or press a key on the keyboard, the monitor displays the desktop meaning it never actually went to sleep.
So I used clover to setup my usb, and used the following kexts:
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakeSMC.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Attachments

• config.plist
    23.8 KB · Views: 82
So the issue is when I put the computer into sleep mode. The screen goes black and says there is no input, which is how my monitor is when I put a computer to sleep. However, the computer stays on, and if I click on the mouse, or press a key on the keyboard, the monitor displays the desktop meaning it never actually went to sleep.

@nablus87,

Unless you are using a SSDT to enable the X86 PluginType it looks like you have not enabled Native MacOS CPU Power Management which will result in sleep issues. Enable PlugInType in the ACPI section of your config.plist like so :-

Screenshot 2019-11-24 at 16.37.03.png

Enabling that option in Clover should do the trick, see this guide for more info and how to check PM is working :-

Cheers
Jay

Thank you. I reinstalled Catalina with a vanilla install. Found config.plist, and installed 3 kexts, and everything is finally working fine. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back