Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime B560-Plus
CPU
i5-10400F
Graphics
RX 580
Hi guys, this is my actual PC Setup and I'm stuck with High Sierra because of Nvidia. I would like to upgrade to macOS Catalina:

MB GA-Z77X-UD5H
RAM 12GB DDR3 Corsair
CPU i5-3750K LGA1155
SSD Samsung 840 Evo 256GB
Power LG Power Legion X2 1000W
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti (MSI Gaming X 4G Edition)

Monitor, it is important because it has 4k resolution (perfect on high sierra with nvidia drivers), and it uses DisplayPort. Samsung LU28H750

What should i upgrade to be able to install macOS Catalina?

Will Gtx 1050 ti be ok? Or which graphic card should i buy? (I need 4k and displayport) Possibly a graphic card which works out of the box or simple to make it work.

Is the rest ok?

Thank you.

Andyapple.

Hi guys, this is my actual PC Setup and I'm stuck with High Sierra because of Nvidia. I would like to upgrade to macOS Catalina:

MB GA-Z77X-UD5H
RAM 12GB DDR3 Corsair
CPU i5-3750K LGA1155
SSD Samsung 840 Evo 256GB
Power LG Power Legion X2 1000W
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti (MSI Gaming X 4G Edition)

Monitor, it is important because it has 4k resolution (perfect on high sierra with nvidia drivers), and it uses DisplayPort. Samsung LU28H750

What should i upgrade to be able to install macOS Catalina?

Will Gtx 1050 ti be ok? Or which graphic card should i buy? (I need 4k and displayport) Possibly a graphic card which works out of the box or simple to make it work.

Is the rest ok?

Thank you.

Andyapple.

GTX 1050 Ti is NOT okay for Catalina. None of the Nvidia 1000-series or 2000-series cards have Mojave or Catalina drivers.

AMD RX 560-590 or Vega cards work. Avoid XFX branded cards.

An AMD RX570 is currently the best BFYB in terms of graphics for Mojave or Catalina. Check Newegg for deals.

Thank you all guys!! I didn't expect so many answers this fast. Thank you all. So problem is solved, I have to buy an AMD Graphic card, AMD RX 560-590 or Vega, especially RX 570.

Thank you a lot,

Andyapple

GTX 1050 Ti is NOT okay for Catalina. None of the Nvidia 1000-series or 2000-series cards have Mojave or Catalina drivers.

AMD RX 560-590 or Vega cards work. Avoid XFX branded cards.

XFX Vega cards are just fine and are actually recommend by apple.

hello

I hope someone can help me. I am having a black screen with Catalina . I am able to use Screen Share to ensure the OS is running on, but my Apple Cinema Display is not showing anything.

I use :-
dart=0 and nv_disable=1
the Graphics card is Radeon RX570, 8gigs
Radeon DeInit is on
Machine Type is iMacPro1,1

thank you

hello

I hope someone can help me. I am having a black screen with Catalina . I am able to use Screen Share to ensure the OS is running on, but my Apple Cinema Display is not showing anything.

I use :-
dart=0 and nv_disable=1
the Graphics card is Radeon RX570, 8gigs
Radeon DeInit is on
Machine Type is iMacPro1,1

thank you

nv_disable1 is for Nvidia card you do not need it, Radeon deinit is old way uncheck it. Download lilu and whatevergreen and install them where the rest of your kext are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back