macOS Catalina - Randomly reboots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

This is my first hack.

My configurations is:
Motherboard: ASUS B150M/C-BR
Processor: I3-7100 LGA1151

After a few minutes of starting and using normally, my computer is restarting randomly, and I can't identify the problem :(

You can help me?

Clover in attachments.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 73
Hi, have you managed to find the problem? I experience the same issue, on my Desktop machine with Catalina installed. It lets me work 15-30 minutes and then reboots. Sierra worked just fine for years. Catalina is a fresh new installation.

Hi, have you managed to find the problem? I experience the same issue, on my Desktop machine with Catalina installed. It lets me work 15-30 minutes and then reboots. Sierra worked just fine for years. Catalina is a fresh new installation.

Hello! I solved this problem after deleting all archives PowerManagement. In my hack, there are two .plist files that caused the problem: com.apple.PowerManagement.F18E9D03-2587-5CF9-967F-B56F3091FFE4.plist and com.apple.PowerManagement.plist

Go to /Library/Preferences and delete this archives and reboot the system.

After that the random restart issue has been fixed, I now go through a different issue that originated from this deletion of files.

When leaving the hack idle for a while, as normal it turns off the screen and usb components and sleeps. The solution would be just clicking a key or in mouse and it shoulding wake up, but it doesn't issue happening because the sleeping this it turns off the USB devices and the mouse and the keyboard doesn't work after that.

Hmm... I tried, but this files get recreated on every boot

I had this EXACT problem when I was installing Mojave the first time. To the point that I simply gave up and ran High Sierra until right before Catalina came out. Unfortunately I don't have any advice EXCEPT:

Everything ran FINE like clockwork once I did a totally clean re-do (not re-install, not upgrade, not screwing around..):

- Reset BIOS to defaults, change anything that needs
- Wipe the HD entirely
- Create new USB with clean Clover download, latest AppStore Mojave/Catalina version
- Latest versions of kexts on USB
- Etc.. don't screw around. Don't save ANYTHING - drop you data on a usb stick or server and wipe it clean.

I did that and Mojave worked like a champ on everything I've tried. I didn't even bother using it for too long - I tried on one: upgrade Clover to 2.5whatever and upgrade to Catalina from the app store. It's been clockwork since.

I forget how far I got trying to troubleshoot it before I ran out of time and patience (lots of former needed at work and little of latter) but I do remember tracking it down to something similar to the powermanagement stuff that was posted... I don't know what the problem was, I know I had the same damn thing and what fixed it. I hope this helps or someone can use this to give more info. Good luck, it works. I'm typing on Catalina right now and haven't had a crash/lock/whatever PERIOD on Mojave or Catalina just starting from scratch. I used to be able to login and use it for 2 minutes if I was lucky! Good luck man!

PS - If it works fine except files get re-created (just saw that part) try fixing them and chmod 000 them.. hopefully throw up a few error msgs in your logs and leave em untouched!

I had the same issue. In Mojave everything was working properly but after updating to Catalina, and after a couple of days, the reboots started. I tried re-installing several times with new fresh installs and nothing.

Luckily, I think I have found the problem and the solution. In my case the FakeSMC.kext that is on E/C/K/O was modify after the installation (I didn't do it!!!! and I have no idea how this is possible but it happened). So the solution for me was easy, just change the FakeSMC.kext on E/C/K/O for a new one just downloaded from tonymacx86.

In addition I have done a cleaning of L/E moving the kext that were installed there by Multibeast to E/C/K/O.

I hope this helps you

What is /E/C/K/O?

My system didn't build the file system like that. I changed the Kext but still the same problem. Any ideas?

In my case, I bought the new modern hardware. The old machine was left Windows 7 based and it seemed to work fine, but in a couple of months, it started to have problems with powering on. It looked like power problems, e.g. unplugging, re-plugging HDDs could fix the problem. But!!! finally, I figured out that one of the DIMM modules is at fault. I replaced it and the problem with powering on has gone.

So I suspect Catalina just revealed the problem a few months before. But I didn't try to get Catalina working there anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back