Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> macOS Catalina Optiplex 6250 stuck at boot after installing hd3000 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Elitebook 850 g3-OC
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey. I successfully installed macOS Catalina to my Optiplex 6250 *intel, but as usually I wanted all performance I can get so I installed hd3000 driver for Catalina witch I saw from YouTube. It was giving me only 7mb of vram.

But stupid me didn't make time machine backup sooo I'm stuck at the boot *apple logo loading screen* every time I boot it... I even tried changing settings from clover, but I'm pretty noob here so any help ?
I tested boot with -v and it says pis not enabled dumping...

Hey. I successfully installed macOS Catalina to my Optiplex 6250 *intel, but as usually I wanted all performance I can get so I installed hd3000 driver for Catalina witch I saw from YouTube. It was giving me only 7mb of vram.

But stupid me didn't make time machine backup sooo I'm stuck at the boot *apple logo loading screen* every time I boot it... I even tried changing settings from clover, but I'm pretty noob here so any help ?
I tested boot with -v and it says pis not enabled dumping...
better off with High Sierra with HD3000 graphics

better off with High Sierra with HD3000 graphics
So no luck? :(

Is there a way to read/write to that hdd from my other macOS Dell or KVM so I can acmes those files?
Or any tips what to do with clover's configuration?

I already have 1 Sierra optiplex so I prefer to try something "new" and different, I'm personally fan of that dark theme and seems like many apps aren't supported in old versions like high Sierra or Sierra

Last edited:
OMG, I got it working by booting installer from my usb and selected something called Catalina patches and patched it!

So no luck? :(

Is there a way to read/write to that hdd from my other macOS Dell or KVM so I can acmes those files?
Or any tips what to do with clover's configuration?

I already have 1 Sierra optiplex so I prefer to try something "new" and different, I'm personally fan of that dark theme and seems like many apps aren't supported in old versions like high Sierra or Sierra

i really have no idea what you are asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back