CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620 (1366x768)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I just installed MacOs Catalina Beta public and everything works fine. With the help of Sniki. We will see how they are updating the kext, for the next beta and the final version.
Now I want to get rid of a doubt: When the installation finishes, a partition is generated that says: "MacOs Catalina Beta was installed in Data". This will always be like this? or will it just be with Beta?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Instalacion Catalina Beta publica.png
    Instalacion Catalina Beta publica.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 290
Hi. I just installed MacOs Catalina Beta public and everything works fine. With the help of Sniki. We will see how they are updating the kext, for the next beta and the final version.
Now I want to get rid of a doubt: When the installation finishes, a partition is generated that says: "MacOs Catalina Beta was installed in Data". This will always be like this? or will it just be with Beta?
Thanks.
Currently it is as it is and it's early betas.
Same scenario happened on APFS volumes with the Preboot Partition which we can hide with Clover.
During next betas or approaching to official release, im sure Clover team will update binaries to hide that or add an option on Clover Bootloader to hide that partition (it may be even possible now).
Im taking notes on all the changes and will be hunting fixes and workarounds and will cover all of these in a thread that we do with each release like: macOS Catalina changes and workarounds.

Every know issue will be published, the possible fix for it and the workaround.

:clap: Thanks you.

Currently it is as it is and it's early betas.
Same scenario happened on APFS volumes with the Preboot Partition which we can hide with Clover.
During next betas or approaching to official release, im sure Clover team will update binaries to hide that or add an option on Clover Bootloader to hide that partition (it may be even possible now).
Im taking notes on all the changes and will be hunting fixes and workarounds and will cover all of these in a thread that we do with each release like: macOS Catalina changes and workarounds.

Every know issue will be published, the possible fix for it and the workaround.
Hi Sniki. How can I get 2048mb as you on intel hd graphic?

Thanks!
Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 19.39.43.png

Hi. Maybe I can help you because I had a notebook HD 4000. What I did are these steps:
1- System / Library / Extensions ... Copy kext AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and paste it to the desktop.
2- Then open Terminal and copy the following:
sudo perl -pi -e 's | \ x00. {1} \ x10 \ x07 \ x00 \ x00 \ x10 \ x07 | \ x00 \ x80 \ x10 \ x07 \ x00 \ x00 \ x10 \ x07 | g' ~ / Desktop /AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
3- Enter and put PC Password.
4- Open Kext Wizard application, install AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext in System / Library / Extensions ...
5- Restart PC
6- Ready

I hope it works. :)

Hi Sniki. How can I get 2048mb as you on intel hd graphic?

Thanks!
View attachment 413320

Hi. Maybe I can help you because I had a notebook HD 4000. What I did are these steps:
1- System / Library / Extensions ... Copy kext AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and paste it to the desktop.
sudo perl -pi -e 's | \ x00. {1} \ x10 \ x07 \ x00 \ x00 \ x10 \ x07 | \ x00 \ x80 \ x10 \ x07 \ x00 \ x00 \ x10 \ x07 | g' ~ / Desktop /AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri
4- Open Kext Wizard application, install AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext in System / Library / Extensions ...
5- Restart PC
6- Ready

5- Restart PC
6- Ready

There is no need to touch kexts, it's an injection from config.plist /Devices/Properties
It can also be done with hackintool
here is the patch:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
                <data>
                AAAAgA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>
Or as seen on the picture below on the highlighted patch:

There is no need to touch kexts, it's an injection from config.plist /Devices/Properties
here is the patch:
Code:
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <data>
                AAAAgA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>
View attachment 413337

Yes. You are very right. Very good.:clap:

here is the patch:
Code:
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <dict>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
                <data>
                AAAAgA==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>
View attachment 413337

I have kernel panic at boot clover. How do it? Just copy the code and past in config.plist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back