Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
CPU
i9-9900K (delidded 5GHz)
Graphics
RX 6900XT - RX 6800
MY PROBLEM:
Windows 10 results in a "blue screen of death" (BSOD) displaying "Stop code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED".

My Clover boot loader displays both my Windows 10 drive and my Catalina drive (DUAL Booting w/Clover). Both boot successfully.
From the PC being off overnight, if I then power on my PC it loads Clover and if I then select my "Windows 10" drive the result consistently is the BSOD.

If I restart the PC (second time, immediately after BSOD) and again select my "Windows 10" drive it loads successfully without any error.
More of a nuisance, would like to fix it if possible. Or at least understand why this is happening!

This restart tends to reset to default settings my GPU (AMD: Aorus RX 5700 XT) which is the issue I really am trying to address.
Thank you for your help with this!

ATTACHED:
config.plist
screenshot

MY SYSTEM:
Z390 Aorus Master (gigabyte)
Intel Core i9-9900K (delidded, rokit cool's bronze IHS, OC=5GHz all cores)
Kraken Z63 AIO Cooler
Aorus RX 5700 XT (gigabyte)
Intel Wireless-AC 9560
Fenvi T919 Wifi
HD Pro Webcam C920
HyperX Predator RGB 4000mhz (OC=4100mhz) 4 x 8gb = total 32gb
Slot #1: M.2 NVME Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) - Windows 10 OS drive
Slot #2: M.2 NVME Samsung 970 Evo Plus (1TB) - extra storage drive
Slot #3: M.2 NVME Samsung 970 Pro (512GB) - target drive for macOS Catalina
Sata SSD Samsung 960 Evo (1TB) - extra storage drive
Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3
Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 11 850 watts
Be Quiet Pure Base 500 Window - PC Case

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 181
Try disable Fast Startup if you have it enabled:
Control Panel->System and security->Power Options-> Choose what the power buttons do->change settings that are currently available and under Shutdown settings untick the box beside "Turn on Fast Startup"
Save changes and exit.

The most common cause of this error is a driver problem. Check your device manager and see if any of the devices have a yellow triangle with ! inside and update the driver if any of them do. Also, check your motherboard manufacturer's site for driver updates for the board.

Last edited:
FAST BOOT in my Z390 Aorus Master motherboard BIOS is disabled, see the attached picture.

DISABLED my Fenvi Wifi within Windows 10 / Device Manager, if or when it is enabled both the device and device related bluetooth have the yellow triangle requiring a driver. But again, these are both always disabled. Otherwise, I have no device that requires drivers / driver updates.

Tomorrow will check for motherboard MFR site for driver updates related to my motherboard.

Still seeing BSODs when cold booting into Windows 10 with Clover dual-boot (macOS Catalina or Win10).
Thank you

Attachments

• BIOS Fast Boot DISABLED.jpg
    BIOS Fast Boot DISABLED.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 117
FAST BOOT in my Z390 Aorus Master motherboard BIOS is disabled, see the attached picture.
Not talking about FAST BOOT in BIOS - talking about FAST STARTUP in the Win10 settings.

Not talking about FAST BOOT in BIOS - talking about FAST STARTUP in the Win10 settings.
That could be the issue. Fast startup saves a file to the HDD so it can load faster from that file. The BSOD error is because programs overwrite each others memory. I never had issues with it. I did disable it so I can access my Windows drive within macOS.

That could be the issue. Fast startup saves a file to the HDD so it can load faster from that file. The BSOD error is because programs overwrite each others memory. I never had issues with it. I did disable it so I can access my Windows drive within macOS.

Thanks macciemacmac for confirming, and providing the additional background context and insight into why it works.

Glad to hear that it works. :thumbup:

Glad to hear that it works. :thumbup:

have another issue which I've posted as solved but not completely.

with SIP enabled via Recovery | Terminal | csrutil enable *** PLUS *** Clover | RT Variables | CsrActiveConfig = 0x0
neither SHUTDOWN / RESTART work???

with SIP disabled via Recover | Terminal | csrutil disable *** PLUS *** Clover | RT Variables | CsrActiveConfig = 0x0013 (allow: untrusted kexts, unrestricted FS, apple internal)
both SHUTDOWN / RESTART do work correctly???

is it possible to achieve functional Shutdown & Restart with SIP enabled at macos root and clover csractiveconfig = 0x0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back