Contribute
Register

macOS Big Sur USB not working on installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that we try again to get the USB ports to work.

I will upload photos of all BIOS settings shortly, I may have missed something there. Thanks again.

My BIOS. With this configuration and having removed everything related to PS2 and XhciDxe.efi from the EFI, if I boot with USB Stick I get the Prohibited Sing, if I boot with SATA SSD, I get to the installation, but no USB port works.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 41
  • 10.jpeg
    10.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 37
My BIOS. With this configuration and having removed everything related to PS2 and XhciDxe.efi from the EFI, if I boot with USB Stick I get the Prohibited Sing, if I boot with SATA SSD, I get to the installation, but no USB port works.
try enabling legacy usb

Ok, since I had no other options with USB, I finally managed to install it using PS2 keyboard and mouse. I now have a fully installed Big Sur, with everything working except the USB ports. I still have the same problem.

A screenshot of my hackintool

Attachments

• hackintool.png
    hackintool.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 41
Since this has no solution, I have decided to change the motherboard. I'll go buy it tomorrow. In the store where I usually buy they have this:

I would just like to know if it will be compatible or will I have problems with it. I don't want to waste any more time (and money) on this.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back