Asus Maximus IX Formula Z270
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,

i have successfully fresh Big Sur install on my desktop, but i see that macOs boot on preboot partition.
when i select my default partition "Macintosh HD", macOs can’t boot.
is it normal??
thank you.

Hello guys,

i have successfully fresh Big Sur install on my desktop, but i see that macOs boot on preboot partition.
when i select my default partition "Macintosh HD", macOs can’t boot.
is it normal??
thank you.

What boot loader and what version are you using? A lot of people during the beta of Big Sur were having their hard drive changed to preboot during the install. It was fixed on my system when one of the beta release would not download because Misc---> Security --> Securebootmodel was set to default instead of disabled. When I disabled it my boot drive changed back to Mac HD. This was for Open Core I am not sure that setting exists in Clover. A few other people said to install Intel Power Gadget and it would fix it but I never tried that.

What boot loader and what version are you using? A lot of people during the beta of Big Sur were having their hard drive changed to preboot during the install. It was fixed on my system when one of the beta release would not download because Misc---> Security --> Securebootmodel was set to default instead of disabled. When I disabled it my boot drive changed back to Mac HD. This was for Open Core I am not sure that setting exists in Clover. A few other people said to install Intel Power Gadget and it would fix it but I never tried that.
hello,
I have clover bootloader Clover 5126. What do I need change in my config.plist? I want after doing a fresh install
Thank you

Same here i update clover 5119 to 5126 and update directly Catalina to Big Sur after then my system no longer boot with default Partition it only boot via preboot Partition.

successful update clover 5126 to 5127 and here same error can't boot main partition only boot via preboot.:banghead:

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 10.28.34 AM.png

successful update clover 5126 to 5127 and here same error can't boot main partition only boot via preboot.:banghead:
Change to Open Core get ride of Clover is my only real solution. Clover is not so good anymore and it uses Opencore to boot the OS. Opencore boots the system almost exactly the same way as a real Mac.

here the error when boot main partition.
IMG_0288-0001.png

Change to Open Core get ride of Clover is my only real solution. Clover is not so good anymore and it uses Opencore to boot the OS. Opencore boots the system almost exactly the same way as a real Mac.
i know . but here a problem with opencore when i boot via oc usb stick then faceing Kernal Panic it suck in
[EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

you have any solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back