UHD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone

It's been a while since I posted on here, had a stable hack running for a number of years following a similar build to moarfish but using the B75M-D3P motherboard instead.

I have decided to take a dive in to OpenCore to get the hack running macOS Big Sur in an attempt to run it as a home server for music etc as the old NAS just isn't cutting it anymore.

I have got so far as to booting in to Big Sur and trying to iron out a few issues now before testing the full system out.

My main issue is with USB mapping - specifically USB3 ports. They will not show up in any app that I try, regardless of mapping.
I feel I have tried all combinations in the GH guide, and a few others from googling.

I am at a bit of a loss and hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Hardware Spec:
Gigabyte B75M-D3P
i5-3570k
8GB RAM
iGPU (HD4000)

SMBIOS: iMac14,4

Kext: USBInjectAll

BOIS Settings:
(I have tried with disabling the XHCI controller and I can then use the USB3 ports but only at USB2 speeds)
1639167827092.png

1639167752870.png

Ports:
1639167968820.png

Config:
(Tried a few different combinations of XHC & EHC renames - current setup below)
1639168206419.png

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

My main issue is with USB mapping - specifically USB3 ports. They will not show up in any app that I try, regardless of mapping.
Try doing the mapping in Catalina first and then use the USBPorts.kext you make in Catalina with Big Sur.

7 series chipset : you don't need to do port mapping, The total number of ports on each USB controller ECH1, ECH2, XHC are < 15

you may use USBInjectAll to enable all the USB ports (rename ECH1 to EH01, ECH2 to EH02, XHC rename is not needed)

Thank you @trs96 & @itwas for your input.

I tried installing Catalina and got the ports working no problem, but when I used the USBPorts.kext in Big Sur it still wouldn't see the XHC ports.

Then looking at just using USBInjectAll I interrogated the plist info within and found no SMBIOS for iMac14,4 under IOKitPersonalities.
I then renamed the IOKitPersonalities for iMac14,3-ABPC, iMac14,3-EHCI, iMac14,3-HUB1, iMac14,3-HUB2 & iMac14,3-XHC to iMac14,4 and the model name within each and hey presto its working now.

So final settings are:
USBInjectAll.kext (but modified to include iMac14,4)
EHC1 and EHC2 renames

Thanks again for your replies, they helped me get on the right track.

Is there a way to get the iMac14,4 added to the USBInjectAll kext or is it missing for a reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back