Contribute
Register

macOS 14 Sonoma Public Beta is Now Available

From the Openintel Wireless Page:

Limitation of AirportItlwm.kext​

Oh, sorry, I took the news from @Akshar3375 to mean that Sonoma supported Intel WiFi natively, rather than that we'd still have to rely on the AirportItlwm.kext and its limitations.

Successfully installed Sonoma with NRed on the Ryzen 5 4600G APU, 8 GB VRAM.

Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 11.06.32 PM.png

Last edited:
What are you using for WiFi?
No WiFi DR Tom, just using Ethernet for this build.

Last edited:
This one though @DrTom did have Intel WiFi working in Ventura, I'll check which one. I did update the Airportitlwm.kext to 2.3 but it no longer works in Sonoma, BT can still locate stuff but not connect. BTW the way the screen savers slow down to a 'Desktop' mode is awesome. Do you like the braided blue SATA cable?

Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 5.50.33 PM.png

29F00D3F-8D9C-45FA-9805-B2809A9B1178.jpeg

This one though @DrTom did have Intel WiFi working in Ventura, I'll check which one. I did update the Airportitlwm.kext to 2.3 but it no longer works in Sonoma, BT can still locate stuff but not connect. BTW the way the screen savers slow down to a 'Desktop' mode is awesome. Do you like the braided blue SATA cable?

View attachment 569252
View attachment 569253
I do like the braided blue SATA cable! And, like you, I love my PowerMac G5 case sitting next to my desk. :p It's been ten years now since I built my first G5s, and all three are still running. I do hope that a workaround for WiFi/BT is found, or Ventura could be it for me. :(

Hope We can get Fenvi T919 support in the near future~

OC 0.9.3 14.0 Beta working on Ethernet or tethered iPhone.
Running of test Samsung SSD.
No BT.
In my build I am using BCM94360NG, which is great with Ventura.
Screenshot 2023-07-23 at 1.40.55 pm.png

Back