Contribute
Register

macOS 14.1.1 Update

Did you remove the WIFI patch before the update?
No, you don't need it!

Last edited:
I was interested in how to get the small updates again, and how best to install the updates if you have the WiFi patch.

1. Update OCLP 2. Start the Sonoma update with the SecureBootModel=Default (it is better to set the right one for your hack. For iMac20,1 SecureBootModel=j185, j137 for iMac Pro).
3. When the update is complete, set SecureBootModel=Disabled and the SIP, if not yet set to csr-active-config=03080000
4. Restart
5. After restarting, change SecureBootModel and csr-active-config to the values before (02080000 for csr-active-config during operation. Works if you only use the WIFI patch from OCLP)
6. Run OCLP and restart again
7. Done

Super! OC 0.9.6.
After update no WiFi but OCLP asked me to update and, after reapply my root patches, WiFi is there again!
Ciao!

Screenshot 2023-11-09 alle 18.09.58.png

Updated to 14.1.1 without any issue with opencore 0.9.6.

I also had to add revpatch=sbvmm in the boot-args along with RestrictEvents.kext to make the incremental upgrade show up.

View attachment 574111

Same here. After the 14.1 update I decided to copy an EFI with the boot arg and kext onto a USB thumbdrive just for the purpose of future updates. This time around I just booted from the thumbdrive, and Sonoma recognized & installed the incremental update. Then I booted back off my regular EFI and put the thumbdrive aside for the next OS update.

Updated my primary SSD using Software Update from 13.6.2 to 14.1.1. All went well. Also made a fresh install of 14.1.1 using "createinstallmedia" on my backup SSD. Also worked fine. Both done with OpenCore 0.9.5.
Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 10.13.42 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Same here. After the 14.1 update I decided to copy an EFI with the boot arg and kext onto a USB thumbdrive just for the purpose of future updates. This time around I just booted from the thumbdrive, and Sonoma recognized & installed the incremental update. Then I booted back off my regular EFI and put the thumbdrive aside for the next OS update.
Good idea! Just one question, you receive the update through your LAN network I guess. Because no wifi.

Smooth update.

Minor weirdness I haven't noticed before: upon each restart, the message "Installer progress" briefly appears at the left of the menu bar against a grey desktop before the normal desktop appears. It doesn't seem to be a problem; just strange.

It took a while because I had to use the full installer. While I could see the update in System Settings, it failed to install after what looked like a complete download of the updater.

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 7.57.20 AM.png

All good. OC 0.9.6 No wifi on this machine. Fast install of the incremental update.
1699635157718.jpeg

Back