Contribute
Register

macOS 12.3 Update Causes Problems for 5700/6800/6900 Graphics Cards

Is there a reason why you used the 5700 .aml instead of the 5500 version .aml for your card?
I used the @mattystonnie post 5500XT .aml file. It works for my 5500XT card.
BTW, the DeviceProperties strings injection will cause booting failure for me.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    436.6 KB · Views: 126
@StefanAM
Left without aml and right with aml?

Hi I got the rom and the rom.txt but what tool do you use to extract the sppt. thanks for any help

Hi @zappy39

You need access to a Windows computer to extract the PPT from the ROM file. There is a nice walkthrough video on YouTube and a written tutorial here that I've linked in this post:

The Windows utilities I used were

GPU-Z - to dump my card's BIOS
ATOMBiosReader - to find the PowerPlayInfo within the BIOS file
HxD - Search, copy, the PPT
Notepad - paste PPT as a text file to use in PlistEditPro (to enter into the config.plist)

Instead of HxD, to perform editing functions on the BIOS file, you can also use the more powerful Red BIOS Editor, but that is more for overclocking the cards. For what I wanted to do, ie., simply finding and copying the PPT, HxD seemed to be the right tool. In the video, the person basically manually calculates, finds and substitutes the power limit in his BIOS using HxD, but I would feel more comfortable using something more automated and polished like RBE.

Ted

Last edited:
I got boot loop too with 12.3 but it turns out to be intelmausi (not needed for i-225V). After I removed intelmausi then my system is stable again .
Thx for the tip; I haven't used intelmausi since I got rid of my first Hack but you did put the possibility of the I-225V ethernet into my head, which I wasn't suspecting. There's another thread on tonymac discussing kernel panics and the dk.e1000=0 boot arg with 12.3 and I'm going to follow that discussion if I continue having boot crashes.

Thx for the tip; I haven't used intelmausi since I got rid of my first Hack but you did put the possibility of the I-225V ethernet into my head, which I wasn't suspecting. There's another thread on tonymac discussing kernel panics and the dk.e1000=0 boot arg with 12.3 and I'm going to follow that discussion if I continue having boot crashes.
Yup for i225 on z690 no extra kext or boot-args is needed just inject device property for the right ID and the native macOS network kext should work

Yup for i225 on z690 no extra kext or boot-args is needed just inject device property for the right ID and the native macOS network kext should work
I've got a Z590, not a 690 but I would guess it's the same situation. Couple questions: I've got 2 ethernet ports on my mobo, would I need a separate device property entry for each? And I can find those Pci root IDs in Hackintool for the I225Vs?

I've got a Z590, not a 690 but I would guess it's the same situation. Couple questions: I've got 2 ethernet ports on my mobo, would I need a separate device property entry for each? And I can find those Pci root IDs in Hackintool for the I225Vs?
Yes hackintool should identify the i225 for you. Your other LAN depends on the exact model so you might intelmausi or Realtek kext. The i225v is the only one I know that just need device Id injection without any extra kexts.

several things wrong with this. 6900 should use Belknap too, Carswell is the framebuffer used with W6800X Duo mpx modules that have two navi cores. Deepbay isn't for 6600, but - I think - for navi 21 gpus with no connectors (used only for compute, unsure if such a device even exists for apple platform right now tho)
Any chance you know the framebuffer name for the Apple MPX Radeon Pro Vega II?

Back