Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.13.3 is not stable on my machine. Thankfully, I cloned my 10.13.2 to another drive. I am using it till new display drivers come out. Perhaps that will solve my issues.

Not working for me for fresh install. Unibest 8.1 method. Reboot after loading video drivers.
GA z 87-OCx NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2047 MB

Well, I've posted this before, in the 10.13.2 supplemental update, but just in case someone skipped and needs to update and wants to keep the previous Nvidia driver because the new driver isn't very good:

Here's what worked for me......

The following assumes you have an nVidia 900 or 1000 series video card with the nVidia webdriver loaded and working:
  • Get webdriver.sh (vulgo's post and his work) from this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...isabling-nvidia-driver-driver-updated.239245/ Post#13.
  • Remove EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from Clover (I assume you would know where it is…)
  • Using the Nvidia driver utility (typically in the taskbar), change to OSX driver
  • Reboot and make sure the Nvidia driver does not load (there are a couple of different ways to do this - in Clover, under System Parameters, Inject NvidiaWeb would be one place to stop it from loading, right?)
  • Do the update (I did it from the App Store)
  • It will reboot, then in Clover boot into the update but make sure the Nvidia driver does not load (otherwise, expect an epic fail)
  • After the update does its thing (finishes with a reboot typically - remember no Nvidia....), login, start terminal, and change your directory to wherever webdriver.sh is…
  • In terminal, issue the command: sudo ./webdriver.sh -m 17D47 (or whatever you macOS version is, but according to vulgo, you may not need the macOS version, and you could get away with: sudo ./webdriver.sh -m)
  • Add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi back into Clover
  • Reboot and again, make sure the Nvidia driver does not load (meaning you should be still in the OSX driver with you boot into macOS)
  • With the Nvidia utility in the task bar, now select the Nvidia driver
  • Reboot again and test
  • Backup, backup, backup

This fixed my lagging/stuttering issue! Thanks a lot!

I tried the German software but to no avail, btw.

This fixed my lagging/stuttering issue! Thanks a lot!

I tried the German software but to no avail, btw.

Which version of the Nvidia driver are you running now?
I'm also having lags/stutters on 1080 ti

Which version of the Nvidia driver are you running now?
I'm also having lags/stutters on 1080 ti

Reverted to .106 with app posted at page 13 post #125. Rebooted. Then executed webdriver -m. Added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.. Rebooted this time with Nvidia driver loaded. Thats it! No lags or stutters.

Hello everybody. My upgrade went smooth, but I also have lags due to Nvidia web driver, and a strange bug in FaceTime audio calls. I am sure the right audio output channel is selected (audio in other programs work fine), but I cannot hear anything. Calls seem to work normally, but no audio in FaceTime. If I change audio output channel during a call (video > output) and then return to previous output channel, everything work for current call. When I end the call and try a new one, the problem occurs again. With previous 10.13.2 I didn't notice this behaviour. Is this problem present only in my configuration? I tried reinstalling audio drivers, but nothing changed. I did't do a new installation deleting everything.

Last edited:
Just updated Sierra (10.12.3) to High Sierra (10.13.1) using the upgrade patch. That worked flawlessly. Then used this guide to update to this version and that worked without incident.

In awe of what you guys do here. My old gigabyte z68 is still running strong.

Thanks guys for all you do...

Thanks. I believe it's correct:

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>17D47</string>

Since the black screen went away, I decided to try the latest drivers again afterwards. I've never seen the lag people are talking about because it seems the driver just never loads.

From System Information:

NVDAStartupWeb:

Version: 10.29.10
Last Modified: 1/23/18, 7:48PM
Bundle ID: com.nvidia.NVDAStartupWeb
Loaded: No
Get Info String: NVDAStartupWeb 10.29.10 387.10.10.10.25.156
Obtained from: Identified Developer
Kind: Intel
Architectures: x86_64
64-Bit (Intel): Yes
Kext Version: 10.2.9
Loadable: Yes
Dependencies: Satisfied
Signed by: Developer ID Application: NVIDIA Corporation (6KR3T733EC), Developer ID Certification Authority, Apple Root CA

So I think I have a completely different problem from other people. But it definitely started after the 10.13.3 update. If I don't figure it out, I'll post a new thread in the correct forum.

Thanks.

same problem.
I reinstall 104, but now my gtx750 is not detected by the system. Writes that a 5 mb monitor. At 10.13.2 everything worked perfectly.
Help me how to turn on the video card again

I'm getting the lag issue described many times in this thread. I tried to downgrade the Nvidia driver (to both .104 and .106) using the procedure in post 125. The driver installs OK, but when the system reboots it can't switch to the Nvidia driver. I get the native driver in 1280x1024 on only one of my screens.

I've seen other posts in this thread with the same symptoms, but no solutions. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back