Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.3 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your work flow is like mine, and your not doing anything graphics intensive with MacOS, and you got Windows installed on another drive to game. You may want to run MacOS off the internal graphics, and Windows off the Nvidia.
I know I'm long winded, but I really hope this helps someone, or maybe Nvidia reads this and fixes their Sh*tty drivers...lol

I'm pretty sure NOBODY's workflow is like yours! ;) I have NEVER seen someone trying to use THREE different GPUs in one system. How about documenting what you do in a separate post so we can follow along and see how you get it to work? Right now my GTX1080Ti is working as it is supposed to. I'm on the latest drivers and no lag (that I notice anyway.) I have the Intel GPU set to off for now but I'm going to tinker to get it running.

This supplement installed easily from the MAS. After a reboot it asked me to update the nVida drivers (I was using an old one - the .106 version) and I decided to try the newest one (.158). No problem with the nVidia drivers. I'm also running dual 4K monitors.

Any chance you could share your EFI folder so I can take a look at the precise differences? I'm been contemplating relocating all Hackintosh-related kexts to the "Other" folder for the sake of simplicity when doing updates.

Thanks!

Please see my signature below for link to my Z370 build. In the first post, I have attached my EFI folders.

Please see my signature below for link to my Z370 build. In the first post, I have attached my EFI folders.

Thanks for the reference, Chef.

I moved all the Hackintosh kexts to my "Other" folder, and the same issue remains. At least I got my system cleaned up to that extent. I'll continue to play around and see if I can come up with anything.

That what I do for fixing video rendering on High Sierra 13.3
1- Download latest release of ''Sihiki.Kext'', ''Lilu.Kext'', ''IntelGraphicsFixup.kext'', ''NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext'', ''FakePCIID.kext'', ''FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext'' and put into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
2- Make some changes in clover config.plist
a- Select ''System Parameters'' and verify ''Inject Kext'' is set to ''Yes''
b- Select ''Boot'' and under ''Custom Flags'' put this command (Without quotes) ''shikigva=12'' for only Nvidia
c- Select ''ACPI''->''DSDT''->''Patches" and put the following patches there
Comment : change HECI to IMEI Find*[HEX] : 48454349 Replace [HEX] : 494d4549
Comment : change GFX0 to IGPU Find*[HEX] : 47465830 Replace [HEX] : 49475055
Comment : change PEGP to GFX0 Find*[HEX] : 50454750 Replace [HEX] : 47465830
3- Save ''config.plist'' and Restart the System

Note A: For Gigabyte bios :
Enter the Chipset. ---> Integrated Graphics : Enabled
Enter the Peripherals --> Initial Display Output : PCIe 1 Slot

B: All latest kexts are in my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
C: I am using WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106

Attachments

• Ekran Resmi 2018-02-27 00.22.19.png
    Ekran Resmi 2018-02-27 00.22.19.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 297
  • Ekran Resmi 2018-02-27 00.30.30.png
    Ekran Resmi 2018-02-27 00.30.30.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 301
  • config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 206
  • Other.zip
    143.4 KB · Views: 74
I'm pretty sure NOBODY's workflow is like yours! ;) I have NEVER seen someone trying to use THREE different GPUs in one system. How about documenting what you do in a separate post so we can follow along and see how you get it to work? Right now my GTX1080Ti is working as it is supposed to. I'm on the latest drivers and no lag (that I notice anyway.) I have the Intel GPU set to off for now but I'm going to tinker to get it running.

This supplement installed easily from the MAS. After a reboot it asked me to update the nVida drivers (I was using an old one - the .106 version) and I decided to try the newest one (.158). No problem with the nVidia drivers. I'm also running dual 4K monitors.
I may have to look at your configuration, since our machines are so similar.
Funny story, I wanted your motherboard and a fryz electronics showed they had one across town (just one in the entire metroplex). I made the long drive, only to find out the stores DIY computer expert, used that board to built a in house computer. So I ended up with the one I have.
I also had your graphics card for about a day. I took it back when it didn't fit in my old rig. I bought my card early to get Destiny 2 for free. I ended up hating the game...
I have been doing the Hackingtosh thing for 10 years now.
I still have lots to learn, however ever since they (Nvidia) started this "Web Driver" thing, I have had issues. This is two completely different machines, two OS's, three different cards. I really wasn't trying to run three different cards, I just wanted my machine to work.
When I have time, I may create a new post....

OK I was trying to enable hardware acceleration using internal Intel Hd630. I have installed a sapphire hd6670 that is not useful in OSX, but I used in windows. And now Mac X video is showing hardware encoded supported by AMD Radeon HD6xxx. This is weird? I have 3 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 1060 working OK with Nvidia web drivers, 1 not used AMD HD 6670 (until now I guess) and the Intel iGPU that I was trying to use. Or may be hardware acceleration is been made by the Intel and OSX is showing the wrong GPU?. I do have hardware acceleration, I tested with YouTube 4k videos in browsers and CPU usage was below 4%. the whole system is working solid.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 1.54.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 1.54.10 AM.png
    308.3 KB · Views: 187
Last edited by a moderator:
That what I do for fixing video rendering on High Sierra 13.3
1- Download latest release of ''Sihiki.Kext'', ''Lilu.Kext'', ''IntelGraphicsFixup.kext'', ''NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext'', ''FakePCIID.kext'', ''FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext'' and put into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
2- Make some changes in clover config.plist
a- Select ''System Parameters'' and verify ''Inject Kext'' is set to ''Yes''
b- Select ''Boot'' and under ''Custom Flags'' put this command (Without quotes) ''shikigva=12'' for only Nvidia
c- Select ''ACPI''->''DSDT''->''Patches" and put the following patches there
Comment : change HECI to IMEI Find*[HEX] : 48454349 Replace [HEX] : 494d4549
Comment : change GFX0 to IGPU Find*[HEX] : 47465830 Replace [HEX] : 49475055
Comment : change PEGP to GFX0 Find*[HEX] : 50454750 Replace [HEX] : 47465830
3- Save ''config.plist'' and Restart the System

Note A: For Gigabyte bios :
Enter the Chipset. ---> Integrated Graphics : Enabled
Enter the Peripherals --> Initial Display Output : PCIe 1 Slot

B: All latest kexts are in my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
C: I am using WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106

@taranta - I checked my configuration against your method, and found that I was missing the highlighted items. Ultimately, I already had QuickSync working, however it would fail after a sleep/wake (indicated by the MacX Video Converter Pro app failing to launch after wake). I implemented the missing items you mentioned, and all is wonderful now.

Thanks for sharing!

Shoutout also to @pastrychef too for getting me 95% of the way there.

Last edited:
I uninstalled the web-driver and ran the update then reinstalled it using the vulgo code. Seems to be working fine incl Audio.

It didn't work when i installed the update and left the older driver in-place, then tried to upgrade the driver.

Does anyone else have trouble with USB keyboard not working until it is unplugged and plugged back in?

Firstly! Thanks for all the information everyone has posted in regards to this subject, helped me a lot in preparing for worst case.

Have just completed 10.13.3 Supplemental Update on my build below, once update completed and booted back in, the Nvidia preference window opened and I started downloading the latest driver, once dowloaded and installed I rebooted.

My graphics where back to normal settings 1080P on 27", version No. in screen shot below. All seems ok at present :thumbup:

ASUS PRIME H270-Pro
i5-7400 3.0 GHz QuadCore
16GB Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 MT/s
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 SSC 2GB GDDR5
500GB SATA HDD
SEWELL USB External Sound Card
Apple Keyboard
USB Bluetooth
Clover UEFI+NVRAM

CIM :)

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 10.19.37.png

Status