Graphics
Iris Pro 580 3840x2160
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trouble on Skull Canyon NUC: audio/graphics

I sat down this morning to find that my NUC had rebooted overnight. I hadn't told it to update to 10.13.2 and it still had the update queued. Unfortunately, graphics was in "dumb" mode. It had full resolution but was unaccelerated. No audio, and no bluetooth (via USB dongle). I installed the update after seeing some posts that it was expected to work properly with this hardware. After installing the update, I saw:

[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver!

when booting with -v. After seeing another post about how Apple had added support for a different Intel graphics chip in an update, I poked around a bit there. Disabling the GFX0->IGPU ACPI patch got graphics working again at full acceleration but it doesn't power on the display on mini-DP even when booted with it disconnected and plugged in after booting has completed. Bluetooth came back on its own somehow.

Audio is still hosed. I've rebuild the kext cache a few times. Updated my clone of nuc.git, ./download.sh, ./install_downloads.sh, make install_nuc6_sc. Reinstalled Clover from RehabMan's latest build. Clover config is identical to that in the nuc.git except for the GFX0 patch removed and default volume set.

Attached are my copy of Clover, patchmatic output, ioreg output, kextstat output, and cache rebuild output. I dumped the preboot log and both pre- and post-patched ACPI tables as well.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Short of a reinstall, which I'd rather not do since this was working when I left my office last night, I'm out of ideas.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Attachments

• nuc6_sc_10.13.2.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 37
Trouble on Skull Canyon NUC: audio/graphics

I sat down this morning to find that my NUC had rebooted overnight. I hadn't told it to update to 10.13.2 and it still had the update queued. Unfortunately, graphics was in "dumb" mode. It had full resolution but was unaccelerated. No audio, and no bluetooth (via USB dongle). I installed the update after seeing some posts that it was expected to work properly with this hardware. After installing the update, I saw:

[IGPU] Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with Framebuffer driver!

when booting with -v. After seeing another post about how Apple had added support for a different Intel graphics chip in an update, I poked around a bit there. Disabling the GFX0->IGPU ACPI patch got graphics working again at full acceleration but it doesn't power on the display on mini-DP even when booted with it disconnected and plugged in after booting has completed. Bluetooth came back on its own somehow.

Audio is still hosed. I've rebuild the kext cache a few times. Updated my clone of nuc.git, ./download.sh, ./install_downloads.sh, make install_nuc6_sc. Reinstalled Clover from RehabMan's latest build. Clover config is identical to that in the nuc.git except for the GFX0 patch removed and default volume set.

Attached are my copy of Clover, patchmatic output, ioreg output, kextstat output, and cache rebuild output. I dumped the preboot log and both pre- and post-patched ACPI tables as well.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Short of a reinstall, which I'd rather not do since this was working when I left my office last night, I'm out of ideas.

Thanks,

-Jeff
i have moved your post to desktop support

For reasons that are entirely opaque to me, I was banned for two days due to violating the signature policy (on my first post!). In the interim, I just reinstalled and it works ok. Strangely, all of the kexts have the same md5sums and the clover config is identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back