Contribute
Register

macOS 10.13.2 Supplemental Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all !
After upgrading to High Sierra 10.13.2 everything works fine but App Store gives me the option to re-upgrade to macos High Sierra 10.13.2 Supplemental update. I tried to install it. My computer starts the procedure and after a few seconds restarts without ending the updating. Its restarts without hanging to the Clover Boot Manager. After booting everything still to work fine. I tried to downloading manually the updater and place it in the Applications folder. Trying again the results are the same.

Any ideas ?

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS HERO IX
Memory: Crucial DDR 4 - 2400 8 GB x 4
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce NVIDIA GTX 1070
Drive : Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB

I had exactly the same problem. I got it to work by removing my GPU (GeForce GT710) and installing the update using on-board graphics. Replaced the GPU and all good.

Did they fix the bug where when you log on, the background on the login screen is like half the size of your screen or less and even sometimes a solid black and not even the picture you chose? That's one of the reasons I switched back to Sierra instead of High Sierra, along with the fact that some of my important apps were incompatible with High Sierra.

Hi to all !
After upgrading to High Sierra 10.13.2 everything works fine but App Store gives me the option to re-upgrade to macos High Sierra 10.13.2 Supplemental update. I tried to install it. My computer starts the procedure and after a few seconds restarts without ending the updating. Its restarts without hanging to the Clover Boot Manager. After booting everything still to work fine. I tried to downloading manually the updater and place it in the Applications folder. Trying again the results are the same.

Any ideas ?

You need to uninstall the NVIDIA drivers (via the manager) and then install the update. Then re-install the drivers.

I'm honestly starting to wonder what the value of internet forums are. There is 21 pages of blah on this update with very few resolutions to people issues.

not showing is software update here
I have got same problem. after installed update from App Store and reboot, my system did not update still showing 10.12.6

Successful update from 10.13.1 to 10.13.2/10.13.2 Supplemental Update for Desktop KL Rig (signature) using Clover v2_4279

The 10.13.2 update broke the ACL887 sound driver. Sound Blaster Omni 5.1 to the rescue.

I have got same problem. after installed update from App Store and reboot, my system did not update still showing 10.12.6
It was showing up the next day for me, but installation did not work at all. I showed that it was installed but it actully didnt. Installing the stand alone update worked.

Last edited:
I'll be doing my first hackintosh shortly from my pc and i've noticed from coming various hackintosh sources that some suggest not to use apfs but hsf+ instead. I was a bit excited to use the apfs but if it really is not so stable i'll think twice

What are some thoughts here on apfs

MY PC
asrock Taichi x299
7900x CPU
nvidia msi gaming x 1080ti

You need to uninstall the NVIDIA drivers (via the manager) and then install the update. Then re-install the drivers.

I'm honestly starting to wonder what the value of internet forums are. There is 21 pages of blah on this update with very few resolutions to people issues.

I guess people want to share their emotions, it's a lot of blah blah indeed. But I read them all before I start doing something.

I guess people want to share their emotions, it's a lot of blah blah indeed. But I read them all before I start doing something.
what about trim and errorchecking ? Is that workinh even without an apple SSD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back