Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.6 Update

btw trying to update clover on my mojave hacks also farked them up......

@mattus,

See this post for more info on the Clover r5000+ release and associated issues :-

Cheers
Jay

i am using Asus h61 m cs motherboard I want to upgrade Thunderbolt 3 PCIE card it is possible in high Sierra....? Currently I am running Mac OS high Sierra i7 Processor zotac Gt710 graphics card 2gb

Has anybody successfully installed Security Update 2019-004 10.12.6? (released 22 July 2019)

I installed it with Nvidia 1050 Ti graphics, and lost high-res/multi-monitor support.

I swapped to Gigabyte RX 570 graphics (I got sick on Nvidia driver issues), but it glitched the screen and crashed during boot. -v boot didn't help, as the screen is unreadable.

I tried installing 10.12.6 from backups, but that glitched too during boot.

I successfully installed 10.12.2 from my rescue USB. And now I have made it to 10.12.6. I'm just a bit nervous about Security Update 2019-004 and wondering if others are using it successfully with RX 570/580 graphics.

Has anybody successfully installed Security Update 2019-004 10.12.6? (released 22 July 2019)

I installed it with Nvidia 1050 Ti graphics, and lost high-res/multi-monitor support.

I swapped to Gigabyte RX 570 graphics (I got sick on Nvidia driver issues), but it glitched the screen and crashed during boot. -v boot didn't help, as the screen is unreadable.

I tried installing 10.12.6 from backups, but that glitched too during boot.

I successfully installed 10.12.2 from my rescue USB. And now I have made it to 10.12.6. I'm just a bit nervous about Security Update 2019-004 and wondering if others are using it successfully with RX 570/580 graphics.

To use the RX 570 / RX 580 with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 you may need the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder in the EFI partition of your boot disk. (At least that is the case in my own experience.) Do you have them there?

To use the RX 570 / RX 580 with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 you may need the Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder in the EFI partition of your boot disk. (At least that is the case in my own experience.) Do you have them there?

I think so. But I'm not seeing any difference when I boot with and without Kexts. And I am trying to insert Kexts like WhateverGreen etc.

At the moment, I can run 10.12.6 from before Security 2019-004 (restored from backups). After installing Security 2019-004, I can only boot in safe mode. Graphics are very slow and flickery. And in safe mode, I can't mount or edit EFI partitions making it really hard to experiment.

Now that I have an RX 570 card (was using 1050 Ti) I am trying to move to Mojave. After a long time the installer posts a screen saying my system is not supported (no reason given). I have an unrecognised CPU. And Mojave installer is misbehaving when I have all my many drives connected. And I have no built-in graphics. But otherwise, I think my hardware is good. But no success so far.

Are the Kexts MacOS specific? Do I need 10.12 Kexts, or will recent versions work? Do I need an ancient Clover too?

I think so. But I'm not seeing any difference when I boot with and without Kexts. And I am trying to insert Kexts like WhateverGreen etc.

I have managed to boot with the RX 570 by selecting InjectATI and DeInit in the clover options menu.

Latest security update went fine.....

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 5.49.32 PM.png

Today, Aug 3 I did Security Update 2019-004. (without reading about it on internet, my bad)
Alarmingly, this kernel panic on load from clover screen after the start of the update process.
Sierra bootst in Safe mode (hit space bar and select at clover screen) and run.
It would also boot recovery mode, but Time Machine seems unresponsive when trying to restore OS.

I manually downloaded 2019-004 from Apple (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2013?locale=en_US)
manually installed pkg and rebooted. No panic and update is applied. All seems to be working, including wake from sleep

Tried to boot normally and have the same kernel panic. Will start separate post if I do not fix this evening.

Not sure why this update from App Store failed in this way on my machine, i.e. That is is or is not related to general reports of kernel panic from the 2019-004 and that Apple pulled it.

Update--- if 2019-004 is reapplied in 'Safe' mode, and the computer shut down , it will boot normally just once. It will sleep and wake. However, if it is rebooted a second time it KP's until run in Safe Mode and the 2019-004 reapplied again. Suspect some kext is in need of modification, or....??? Working on it. Might have to reinstall OS X.

Upate--- Solved see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...time-machine-no-install-from-internet.281880/

Last edited:
I am using Asus h61 m-cs motherboard currently I am running Mac OS high Sierra. graphic card zotac GT 710 2GB I want to change my graphic card to AMD which graphic card will support...?Mac OS mojave

Back