Contribute
Register

macOS 10.12.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it was enabled. I disabled it, and now trailers in iTunes play without freezing, and both Safari and iBooks no longer have garbled icons. Many thanks!

But I do now remember why I enabled the IGPU in the first place (way back when). Without it enabled, and without "Inject Intel" selected in Clover Configurator, iBooks does not display any of my books. The book just assumes the same pattern as the background. See photo. (Hope it will be visible in the photo what's happening.)

I can live with this for the moment and do my reading on my iPad, but if you have any ideas on this, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you again.View attachment 244808

Make sure that inject intel is set to False not True in config.

Yes, I unchecked "Inject Intel" in the Graphics section of Clover Configurator and saved before I disabled IGPU in the BIOS.

I managed to find the thread where I discovered this fix.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-web-driver-ibooks-bug.203229/

The suggested fix is on post #59.

So this is evidently an issue with the Nvidia driver. Activating the Intel on board GPU and injecting it for some reason allows the books in iBooks to appear. Of course, you then once again have the issue with garbled icons and freezing. Seems like a "pick your poison" kind of deal.

I guess I will live with this (no iBooks on Hackintosh) for a while. Seems like the best compromise at the moment (although I'm wondering why everything worked in 10.12.3--I just can't remember at the moment.

Thanks again for your help.

Yes, trailers play without issue.

VioletDragon's suggestion above fixed the garbled icons and freeing in iTunes for me. Again, though, the consequence was no proper display of ePub books in iBooks. Have to research that some more.

This update is giving me trouble.

I didn't update Clover beforehand, so that cause boot issues. I was able to install the newest version through Windows and boot, however for some reason Nvidia web graphics won't load at all. Any idea what I am missing?

Derp. Solved it.

NvidiaWeb in my config.plist file, somehow got uninstalled along the way.

Last edited:
Struggled to get things going but I made it this far... posting from Sierra (with combo update applied).

I could not get my fresh install of Sierra to boot. I could boot just fine from the installer stick but was unable to get the internal drive to boot. Here are things I did to get it working:

• booted from my freshly created Sierra USB install stick. Performed the install to my internal drive ("macOS")
• connected my macOS drive to my Mac book Air and updated with the combo update.
• mounted both EFI partitions (1 from installer, 1 from macOS drive).
• deleted everything from the EFI partition on macOS drive and copied everything from the install stick
EFI partition to the macOS drive
• updated bios to be sure the install stick would the primary boot option and verified it was good to go.
• shut down, pulled installer stick, and rebooted to clover from the macOS drive.

This resulted in a successful boot from the macOS drive. I've attached a screen clip of the about this Mac window.

Now, I have a flickering of my screen, likely because my video drivers aren't set up properly...I'll need a little pointer in the right direction to fix it... it's an MSI Radeon RX470 Armor OC Edition. (I have 2 of them, but only 1 installed currently until I get stable setup.)

Also, I don't believe I have audio...would appreciate guidance here, too.

I'd also like to know the easiest way to get my setup to show as a MacPro.

My idea for copying the EFI partition contents came from years of "borrowing" a "real" Mac do install a system on a drive for a machine back when it wasn't technically allowed...you needed to "borrow" an "official" machine to install the os/updates.

Going to sleep now and hopefully in the morning you genius folks will have solid suggestions.

Thank you greatly in advance!!!!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 7.56.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 7.56.31 AM.png
    894.2 KB · Views: 119
Please help. No sound devices after update. Standard fixes did not help. Never happened before. I'm on Asus Hero VIII.

Update to latest clover fixed problems with audio.

Is Virtualbox for you guys working? Mine is not able to start VM's after the Update, and tells me i have not VT-x support. It is not disabled in the bios and "sysctl -a | grep machdep.cpu.features" lists it as a feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back