Contribute
Register

MacMan Build - GA-X79-UD5 - Core i7-3820 - Socket 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here To Help said:
Does adding the missing codes help SpeedStep a little bit?

I am interested.... I am running a forum for Asus x79 motherboard and creating the DSDTs...

This sounds great, if you or someone else can fix the problems that would be groundbreaking!

I would really like a dsdt for my sabertooth x79

Hey,

I'm currently running about the exact same build as MacMan's, but with no succes.
I've been at it for a lot of nights now, trying all kinds of kext / DSDT cobinations and an endless amount of reboots and reinstalls.
I'm not a programmer of any kind but I'm also not a complete Noob as I had a hackintosh with Leo running.

Could anybody give me some advice (and/or a little motivation maybe) here on what to try next?

Many thanks

Works

siforee said:
Hey,

I'm currently running about the exact same build as MacMan's, but with no succes.
I've been at it for a lot of nights now, trying all kinds of kext / DSDT cobinations and an endless amount of reboots and reinstalls.
I'm not a programmer of any kind but I'm also not a complete Noob as I had a hackintosh with Leo running.

Could anybody give me some advice (and/or a little motivation maybe) here on what to try next?

Many thanks

Works

Where dou you find the DSDT for this mobo ?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 /intel X79, LGA2011/
CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 /3.6GHz,2011/
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB DDR5 /192bit/
Memory: DDR3 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz CL9 Corsair V.B.
HDD: SSD 2.5" OCZ Vertex4 128GB (550MB/420MB/s)
Fractal Design Core 3000 (b/z)
Power: OCZ ZS 650W 80+ 135mm
Zalman CNPS10X Performa
DVD-+R/RW LG GH24NS90 SATA (black)

and what? more than 10 days and I can not even install Lion!

sucks, I bought something specifically recommended by the Administrator of this forum to get everything working as it should

He's using a 550 Ti and you're using a 660 Ti. OK. Let's get down to it.

What version of OS X are you trying to install?

What did you do to 1) get the OS X and 2) how did you attempt to install it? All this counts toward finding out your mistakes and the correction(s) you have to make.

We're not telepathic, so we need you help us to help you. :thumbup:

ok, so I installed 10.8 and after dozens of tries, I was able to install the system.
I can not install audio, wi-fi does not work and also sometimes breaks ethernet connection.
Graphics works with full support, withstand me two monitors: 2560x1600 and 1920x1200
I was able to easily install the latest 10.8.2 update directly from the Appstore and nothing has changed, what worked, still works and what does not work, maybe one day will be work - of course, as you can help me :)

and...problems with flash player, such as videos on youtube does not load (work fine on vimeo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back