Contribute
Register

Mackintosh Sierra H270 Kaby Lake GTX1050 sometime on reboot fresh boot gets stuck with crossed sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Soc Force
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

It was very difficult to get settled on this Kaby Lake build using Nvidia GTX 1050, plus the Audio issue ALC1220.

However I have solved the CPU problem using FakeCPU 0x0506E3 and made this permanent change.
I solved the Nvidia driver issues and I was able to install them properly using tonymac guide
I was able to get solved the ALC1220 on Kaby Lake now I get Audio and Video play

Everything runs smoothly the system is beautiful

Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB
MSI H270 Gaming pro Carbon
Baby Lake i5 7400 3.0Ghz
16GB of Memory DDR4

Now the ONLY issue is that upon reboot or fresh boot when switching power on the Hack gets stuck with crossed sign.
If I reset - restart the system it boots up normally.

It does that random and it's not at every boot or not even at every reboot

The MSI bios is the latest

Any idea how to troubleshoot this and why is very random?

Thanks

There is a difference between a hard boot and a soft boot. A hard boot is when the system has been powered down fully for a while. Say you have just walked in to the office in the morning and you hit the power button. That's a hard boot.
If, however, you choose Reboot from the menu - that's a Soft boot. The system never really drops power to it's components. Some components behave differently when soft booted then when hard booted.

It's my humble opinion that you might have a hardware problem, perhaps a loose solder joint, just a wild guess mind you. Perhaps your power supply is flaky.

try another fakesmc, maybe rehabman's or the one from hwsensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back