Contribute
Register

Mackintosh Memory Only part recognised 4Gb instead of 8GB Mobo Slot issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
HD 7xxx
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The 12 hour burn-in of my GA-H170N-WIFI has resulted in only 2 x 4Gb instead of 2 x 8GB of memory being recognised. Both sticks show 4Gb when it should be 8G? A good push in fixed this on the initial build but it is back again. Is this likely to be a Hardware issue? I have followed the build list exactly and used Crucial Budget memory? The Machine using El-Capitan boots after a few resets and sees 2 x 4gb RAM. Thought please as my Amazon return window for the parts has just passed :(.

Try going to Clover Configurator, in the SMBIOS section, and adding your RAM.

Cannot see anything to change under the reading of RAM. I will relook at the MultiBeast settings

MutiBeast set as MacBook Pro 11,1 and my machine boots without kernel at MacPro 6,1 Still 2 x 8Gb. During boot the Apple Logo's multiply horizontally across the screen in B&W White stripes. Then it moves on as normal.

iMac14,2 is the recommended system definition to use.

MutiBeast set as MacBook Pro 11,1 and my machine boots without kernel at MacPro 6,1 Still 2 x 8Gb. During boot the Apple Logo's multiply horizontally across the screen in B&W White stripes. Then it moves on as normal.

Problem is with using Mac Pro 6,1 is it will cause Kernel Panics unless you patch AppleTyMCE using Clovers KextToPatch but better to use iMac 14,2 due to Powermanagment & iGPU Powermanagement. You could get away with using iMac 17,1 iGPU isn't affected by AGPM.

8Gb not 16 as BIOS.png
2 x 4GB.png

iMac 14,2 applied, boots fine with apple Logo in stripes part thru boot. BIOS shows 16GB RAM, still seeing 2 x 4Gb in about mac and Activity Monitor. This one has got me. Never had this before. Could it be an onboard Graphics Setting? I had the same hardware on Sierra and it showed the full 16Gb on Mem, just twitching in the TLH corner of the screen so I tried El-Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back