Contribute
Register

MaciASL issue - am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ROG Z270 Maximus IX Hero
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi.

I've got about as far as I can and have a (seemingly) working build (apart from Sleep, which is intermittent at best). The last thing I need to do is to fix the USB port settings to get under the 15 port limit. I've gone through the process of noting port numbers etc. and am ready to generate an SSDT, but here's the problem. I know what code I need to use, but I haven't used MaciASL before, so don't know where to begin in all honesty. I can launch MaciASL, but on opening I'm presented with this error:

Decompilation Error:

iASL returned:

Loading Acpi table from file iASLvpGz4Y.aml
Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded
Pass 1 parse of [DSDT]

I click OK and the message disappears, but nothing opens.

Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi.

I've got about as far as I can and have a (seemingly) working build (apart from Sleep, which is intermittent at best). The last thing I need to do is to fix the USB port settings to get under the 15 port limit. I've gone through the process of noting port numbers etc. and am ready to generate an SSDT, but here's the problem. I know what code I need to use, but I haven't used MaciASL before, so don't know where to begin in all honesty. I can launch MaciASL, but on opening I'm presented with this error:

Decompilation Error:

iASL returned:

Loading Acpi table from file iASLvpGz4Y.aml
Acpi table [DSDT] successfully installed and loaded
Pass 1 parse of [DSDT]

I click OK and the message disappears, but nothing opens.

Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

No need to recompile DSDT to create an SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext.
Use SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as a template.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Make sure you use ACPI 6.1 in MaciASL->Preferences.

Thanks RehabMan - I'll take a look at that later this evening, thank you so much.

No need to recompile DSDT to create an SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext.
Use SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as a template.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Make sure you use ACPI 6.1 in MaciASL->Preferences.

Thanks, that guide was perfect - was inadvertently using an old version of MaciASL that only went up to ACPI 5.1 so downloaded fresh copy and system file also opens OK now.

Done all of the SSDT customisation, confirmed ports working (our not!) as expected. Removed 15 limit patch, installed USBInjectAll and the 200 series kext as well.

My only question still related to USB is the USB 3.1 ports: There are two on my mobo (ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270, same as @JCMunsonII's Heroica build), one a 3.1 regular connector, one a 3.1C. I don't have any C devices to test with, but when putting a USB3.0 stick into the regular 3.1 socket it is listed as occupying PRT2. The device is seen by the OS no problem, and my customised list of XHC ports totals exactly 15. Are these ports on a different controller, so not subject to the 15 port limit, or should I be finding some way of disabling them? IO Reg Explorer shows a total of four PRT. Image below:

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 00.01.02.png

Thanks, that guide was perfect - was inadvertently using an old version of MaciASL that only went up to ACPI 5.1 so downloaded fresh copy and system file also opens OK now.

Done all of the SSDT customisation, confirmed ports working (our not!) as expected. Removed 15 limit patch, installed USBInjectAll and the 200 series kext as well.

My only question still related to USB is the USB 3.1 ports: There are two on my mobo (ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270, same as @JCMunsonII's Heroica build), one a 3.1 regular connector, one a 3.1C. I don't have any C devices to test with, but when putting a USB3.0 stick into the regular 3.1 socket it is listed as occupying PRT2. The device is seen by the OS no problem, and my customised list of XHC ports totals exactly 15. Are these ports on a different controller, so not subject to the 15 port limit, or should I be finding some way of disabling them? IO Reg Explorer shows a total of four PRT. Image below:

View attachment 263368

Those ports are on a different controller. The 15-port limit is per controller.

Superb, thanks! I really appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back