Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
650 ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
I've overclocked up to 4.8ghz previously and had no issues. I'm still able to oc my ram from 1600 to 1866 with no problems. However, it seems that when I try to oc my cpu now, it gives me a kp about Machine Check. It hasn't ever done that before, and I haven't really changed much since I previously overclocked it, so I'm wondering what the problem is.

I searched the forum and didn't find anything that can help me. Is there any way to turn off whatever the "Machine Check" is so I can overclock it again?

i wouldn't bother OC'ing the RAM at all, as faster RAM doesn't really increase performance at all except a few benchmarks. make sure your RAM is at stock speeds or even lower and see if it helps your CPU OC and then try to bring the RAM back up if you really want it.

the 'machine check' panic isn't a feature or option you can disable, it really just means the OS crashed because of a CPU error. try increasing your CPU voltage a bit, also there was a post made here about a 5GHz OC and had a lot of voltage settings you should try and follow if you want those speeds.

the thread is here :

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=58484

SG- said:
i wouldn't bother OC'ing the RAM at all, as faster RAM doesn't really increase performance at all except a few benchmarks. make sure your RAM is at stock speeds or even lower and see if it helps your CPU OC and then try to bring the RAM back up if you really want it.

the 'machine check' panic isn't a feature or option you can disable, it really just means the OS crashed because of a CPU error. try increasing your CPU voltage a bit, also there was a post made here about a 5GHz OC and had a lot of voltage settings you should try and follow if you want those speeds.

the thread is here :

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=58484

Thanks for your reply! That's the guide I used, actually. I just found it strange that I had no problems at all before and now I suddenly am, even when I tried to oc it the exact way I did before. (after I tried the guide and it didn't work)

So you think that it's probably a voltage problem then? That's the way it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back