Contribute
Register

mach_kernel error

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to remove any "Kernel" specification that is present.
I have removed all kernel specification
Now this is org.chameleon.Boot.plist but i always have the error:"can't find mach_kernel"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have removed all kernel specification
Now this is org.chameleon.Boot.plist but i always have the error:"can't find mach_kernel"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Then you must not have the kernel where the bootloader can find it. You're going to have to investigate. There is no more ideas I can give you.

I apologize if this is a silly question, but how do I access the boot loader in order to modify/delete these instructions?

I apologize if this is a silly question, but how do I access the boot loader in order to modify/delete these instructions?

The bootloader configuration is stored in a plist file (text) at /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

But I cannot boot into my computer so how I would get to the plist?

But I cannot boot into my computer so how I would get to the plist?

Edit it from Terminal within the OS X installer. Or remove the HDD, connect it to another computer, and edit the file. Or use bootflag (by typing): Kernel=/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Edit it from Terminal within the OS X installer. Or remove the HDD, connect it to another computer, and edit the file. Or use bootflag (by typing): Kernel=/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Thank you I will try this when I get home after work, much appreciated.

I have installed chimera bootloadet and now it works.

Hi

I was hoping you could help me through an issue with "can't find mach_kernal"

I have an SSD with 2 partitions
1 - Mtn Lion which works fine
1 - Yosemite installed clean (not on top of another OS)which only works when booted with the USB key
If I boot directly to the Yosemite partition, I get the "can't find mach_kernal" error

I'm a bit concerned about maybe having the older version of Chimera from my Mtn Lion install and wonder if that's my problem of not being able to boot to Yosemite.
I tried editing the <Kernel> entry of Yosemite/Extra/org.Chameleleon.Boot.plist, but with no luck. Is it possible to remove the version of Chimera from my Mtn Lion partition and install a newer version?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back