Graphics
MSI R9 290 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys, I don't know if this is permited but I do have a hackintosh build, so :D.

So my 2010 MBP has the very well known graphics switching issue. So the issue is not the GPU itself but the physical chip in charge of the graphics switching. This issue is alleviated by disabling the graphic switching in "power options" but not completely solved, as the system is still trying to switch the graphics behind the scenes. I know this because I installed Ubuntu in my MBP and it runs flawlessly without any freeze and I even play 3d games.

So I was wondering if there was a way to disable this graphic switching from the core, like removing the kext responsible for it working. Or changing a code in the system itself that breaks the functionality and leaves me with only the nvidia GPU.

Hello guys, I don't know if this is permited but I do have a hackintosh build, so :D.

So my 2010 MBP has the very well known graphics switching issue. So the issue is not the GPU itself but the physical chip in charge of the graphics switching. This issue is alleviated by disabling the graphic switching in "power options" but not completely solved, as the system is still trying to switch the graphics behind the scenes. I know this because I installed Ubuntu in my MBP and it runs flawlessly without any freeze and I even play 3d games.

So I was wondering if there was a way to disable this graphic switching from the core, like removing the kext responsible for it working. Or changing a code in the system itself that breaks the functionality and leaves me with only the nvidia GPU.
Sorry for the late reply. I have the same macbook pro and, in mi experience, the problem is the Nvidia card. I solved it installing Gfx cardstatus, to force Mac OS to work only with the Intel HD graphic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back