Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hello all
im trying to get my machine (gigabyte x58-udr3), to see this sandisk 128gb SDNEP 655-1837C from a MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014) using this cheap pci-e x4 adaptor. IM running 10.13.3 so I was hoping for native support, yet although there is power lighting the led's on the card the system reports no pic present (running it in a 16 lane).
I have looked at many of the kexts and clover patches yet all see to refer to before 10.13 with native support..

any ideas anyone or is my board too old and creaky for such high tec?

btw, 10.13 has got this build absolute rocking, with many of the shutdown and other peculiarities since el captain becoming much rarer at least... v nice vice indeed.

thanks all

IMG_9895.jpg IMG_9900.jpg

Last edited:
I have added NvmExpressDxe-64.efi to /drivers64 and am assuming I don't need any of rehabman's scripts as this is a native apple flash chip.

still no sign of NVMe anywhere...

Last edited:
I'm spending lot's of time chasing my tail, understanding less the more I read, and of course getting nowhere... im not even being so ambitious as to want to boot from it (yet)... so far it remains invisible to my system.

I did try adding some of pika alpha's config suggestions yet have now run into formatting issues and can no longer load my config in either cloverconfig, plist pro etc etc, yet it is still booting from this config file (as far as I can tell), + all attempts at learning how to fix fairly standard key and dict issues puzzle me further... maaaaaan

I love when a simple (playful) addition to my old tractor of a 'tosh opens up so many unknowns yet I do have the feeling im missing the obvious and am not too proud to admit it..... ha

ta very

535cf626-nasacomputerroom7090.nara_.jpg

Last edited:
Started having read write errors on some of our mounted volumes, which ended with 'Mac OS cannot repair this drive' errors at boot.... Easily fixed by Disk Warrior, I have nevertheless removed the adaptor and ssd until we can work out what is happening.....

update.... still getting errors on drive reported to be fine (using the excellent driveDX utility). wondering if my config may be causing this or.... yet another drive biting the dust

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back