Contribute
Register

Macbook Air 7,2 EFI error 188

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Laptop > Need make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-5350U
Graphics
HD 6000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  1. Does anyone know how to fix "An error occurred! 0:188: execution error: Volume on disk0s1 failed to mount If you think the volume is supported but damaged, try the "readOnly" option"
  2. I get this when trying to post patch with OCLP 0.6.1 the EFI drive after trying to update from 13.2 to Ventura Beta 13.3
  3. Currently will only safe boot my EFI Volume is trash cannot mount at all...see attached
  4. Would like some help to try manually with opencore 0.9.0
    Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 8.37.15 AM.png

1. Does anyone know how to fix "An error occurred! 0:188: execution error: Volume on disk0s1 failed to mount If you think the volume is supported but damaged, try the "readOnly" option"
  2. I get this when trying to post patch with OCLP 0.6.1 the EFI drive after trying to update from 13.2 to Ventura Beta 13.3
  3. Currently will only safe boot my EFI Volume is trash cannot mount at all...see attached
  4. Would like some help to try manually with opencore 0.9.0
    View attachment 564837

bad clusters is never good on a drive, best to backup your important stuff and replace the drive

you could also go into recovery and try First Aid on your drive

Thank you...already ran first aid and it shows no errors, been messing with this for 2 days now I've backed up my important stuff onto 3 external SSDs as you can see by my screenshot I have used over 700 GB of 1 TB.
Do you have any advice about reformating just my EFI disk0s1? I've seen several posts about others doing it

Thank you...already ran first aid and it shows no errors, been messing with this for 2 days now I've backed up my important stuff onto 3 external SSDs as you can see by my screenshot I have used over 700 GB of 1 TB.
Do you have any advice about reformating just my EFI disk0s1? I've seen several posts about others doing it
you could try:

boot into recovery and in terminal:
diskutil repairDisk disk0

I'll try that now

you could try:

boot into recovery and in terminal:
diskutil repairDisk disk0
I'm back it appeared that everything was good there were no errors exit code 0 but now I have no EFI Boot at option picker what can I do

I'm back it appeared that everything was good there were no errors exit code 0 but now I have no EFI Boot at option picker what can I do
as you have a backup, I would wipe and re-install via recovery

also I wouldn't bother with OCLP and keep to the latest version of macOS that your system can support

maybe don't do what you did that made you "boobood"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back