Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I just bought on of those fancy aluminum keyboards that MAC makes and now I have a strange issue, while booting up the keyboard keeps adding + so between the rows during boot up there are tons of ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ? After it has booted up I have to open Firefox and click once in the search window, see the + starting and then hit delete until it's gone, and the it is back to normal?

Is there something wrong with the keyboard or is there an issue with a kext?

Please advise.

Cheers

First off, those keyboards are made by Apple and MAC is an acronym for Media-Access-Control and has to do with networking (as in: MAC address). A Mac is a computer made by Apple, like iMac, Mac Pro...

Your issue: Sounds like a stuck key, meaning that theres a defect that makes the keyboard think the "+"-key is being pressed all the time. This can happen, for example, when someone spills Coke over the keyboard.
If you bought the keyboard new, bring it back.

flatfoot said:
First off, those keyboards are made by Apple and MAC is an acronym for Media-Access-Control and has to do with networking (as in: MAC address). A Mac is a computer made by Apple, like iMac, Mac Pro...

Your issue: Sounds like a stuck key, meaning that theres a defect that makes the keyboard think the "+"-key is being pressed all the time. This can happen, for example, when someone spills Coke over the keyboard.
If you bought the keyboard new, bring it back.

Thank you for clarifying that.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back