CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
GTX 680
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm in the middle of my Mac pro case mod and I decided to reuse the Mac pro stand offs. However to find out only special screws fit. 3.5x7.5mm screws by apple are 17.77$ for a pack of 5!

I've looked every where any help?

I'd like to know too! Also, where did you find the (expensive) screws from apple? I may bite the bullet and spend 17 bucks on screws.

What are you guys needing screws for?
If you have the standoffs you should have the screws.
But if you need those try ACE hardware nut and bolt section. I got all of my hardware from them, they have a large selection.

My newer G5 case had no logic board, so I have standoffs and no screws. Purchased a set off ebay like the ones listed above that work. Also saw a ebay listing for 50 m3.5 screws from China for $6, no shipping charge. Figured, what the heck, I'll give them a try. No go, to large for the standoffs.

gdtrfb24 said:
My newer G5 case had no logic board, so I have standoffs and no screws. Purchased a set off ebay like the ones listed above that work. Also saw a ebay listing for 50 m3.5 screws from China for $6, no shipping charge. Figured, what the heck, I'll give them a try. No go, to large for the standoffs.
Oh lol well that stinks to get the case and no screws :/

Dude! Lol you should have asked. I work for Lowes I spend an hour looking for a screw that would work. I brought my stand off with me. Not a single one would work. I'm just gonna buy the $17 ones and call it a day.

PCtoMac said:
Dude! Lol you should have asked. I work for Lowes I spend an hour looking for a screw that would work. I brought my stand off with me. Not a single one would work. I'm just gonna buy the $17 ones and call it a day.
dang that really sucks lol, leave it to Apple to make even the littlest thing hard as hell.

I just ordered some of these screws:

http://www.amazon.com/Plated-Machine-Ph ... 546&sr=1-2

They fit in the standoffs of the Mac Pro case that I have. Gonna do my own Mac Pro mod, but have to finish some other projects first. I have been researching to plan out my mod and ordered these screws. These are a cheaper option, and you can use the amazon link from this site to support it.

Try McMaster-Carr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back