GTX 650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

is it possible to get a ATI HD5770 Grafik Card from a Mac Pro to work in a Hackintosh?

I Would like to build a new Hackintosh with a Gigabyte Z68 MB an i can get a Grafik Card from a Mac Pro.

Will it work?

Thanks!

Daniel

yes it will. I have used a Nvidia 8800 GTS from a MacPro 3,1 in a hacintosh just fine. The only difference between these and normal PC cards is a little EFI code in the flash of the card to allow them to display the pretty apple logo and boot disk select screens included in the EFI pre-OS environment included in real macs. Some GPU drivers require the EFI portion of the firmware to identify the card, others now don't care anymore (hence the lessening need for GPU injectors and the graphics detect flag in Chimera).

what would be the point?
the 5770 non-mac versions work pretty great as it is.

the value of the mac 5770 would probably buy you 2 5770s

samisnake said:
what would be the point?
the 5770 non-mac versions work pretty great as it is.

the value of the mac 5770 would probably buy you 2 5770s
Very true, why spend the money on a name.
Unless you already own one.

Yes it works! I have a similar hardware base and an original Apple 5770. Three (DVI) Displays working with (relative) cheap MDP-Adapters (active) from XFX. At the moment I am running OS X 10.6.8 migrated from an 10.5.8 EFI-X machine via Multibeast 3.8, the tonymac DSDT for my board and extra sound kexts. GE is on here.

Hi Guys,

ive got some weird Things going on after i installed the 5770 Mac Editon.

1.After passing the Post the System stucks at the "Loading Operation System" Message for about 30 sec. Then it starts the Bootloader.

2. The System Profiler cant detect the right Memory Frequency and Memory Type anymore.

Is it beause this is an EFI Card?

Any Idears?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back