Graphics
GTX 280
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

we built a new PC for my brother based on the recommendation from the CustoMac Pro, with 10.14.1 and the following hardware:

-Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming WIFI
-
Core i7-8700K
-Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
-BCM943602CS.

So far the hack runs really great, except the Bluetooth from the BCM943602CS. I figured out that is caused through USB issues, I've started reading the SSDT guide several times, still quite hard for me to unterstand everything. I got the Bluetooth already once running with the config(hole EFI) from this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d3p-i7-8700k-rx580-8gb-mojave-10-14-1.256221/. But that caused several other issues, like random crashes and some off the USB ports absolutely not working. At the moment we are able to use all the USB ports with like external disks and usb stick, but not the bluetooth.

Kexts in Clover
upload_2018-11-21_18-39-18.jpeg

Kexts in Library Extensions
upload_2018-11-21_18-39-25.jpeg

With the kexts I have orientated at the guide above. But I'm wondering if it makes sense to have different kexts in clover and library extensions?

My hope now is that some of you guys could provide us a us a config/EFI folder or/and some advice/clarity.

Thanks a lot in advance
Greetings
mimac

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-21_18-28-29.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-21_18-28-29.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I kept reading through the forum to get a better understanding. So now I tried to discover all the ports.
Also learned that all the kext have to be in /L /E so I've put the USBInjectall.kext there (as explained in the faq), before starting discovering the ports with IORegistryExplorer. Attached a export from IORegistryExplorer and the EFI folder.
upload_2018-11-22_17-55-42.png

upload_2018-11-22_17-55-48.png

HS 08 is the onboard bluetooth device.

Very excited to hear from you.
Thanks a lot in advance and best regards
mimac

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.6 MB · Views: 69
  • Maxs iMac.ioreg
    8.6 MB · Views: 50
  • Maxs iMac.zip
    988.2 KB · Views: 47
Attached the export from black.dragon74 (thanks for that nice script) export script.

Cheers

Attachments

• debug_26021.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 47
interesting, I have never put kext's in L/E, as far back as 10.7 to 10.14.1, always in EFI folder.

just saying I have never done it that way but if Rehabman is saying that it should be I would default to his advice.

just saying I have never done it that way but if Rehabman is saying that it should be I would default to his advice.

The USBinjectallkext is supposed to be temporary until you create s SSDT for the USB ports. Then you remove it. The Bluetooth if connected to a WiFi card uses internal USB hub and needs a 255 number assignment.
A quick workaround is to find an adapter for the WiFi USB plug and use one of the working USB ports. So basically a cable cable connected to the WiFi card from the rear USB 2.0 port.

I have same problem few day a go. So I create my own USB.kext and all USB are work great. ioreg regognize USB bluetooth but system not. After 3 days here is answere. download
RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2018-0505.zip
and copy
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
in kext/other
reboot and done.
If not you should create USB SSDT or USB.kext

ADD

you should delete boot flag
kext-dev-mode=1 and rootless=0

I remove both , but you test on witch one should need to be remove.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back