Contribute
Register

Mac Pro custom PCB options

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some effort, I managed to track down and have a chat with the gentleman behind those PCB designs. Unfortunately, none of his current designs are a fit for my machine (MacPro 1,1).

Ah good, I am glad you were able to talk to him. He has three versions available, all for the 2010 case and newer. I'm not sure if they fit the 2009 case though... anyways, I would suggest you get a 2010 case if you can so you can use those PCB's. Find a 2010 Mac Pro PSU too so you can use V3 of the PCB and not have to worry about modding a power supply. V3 allows you to use the original Mac Pro PSU.

Jeffinslaw

Ah good, I am glad you were able to talk to him. He has three versions available, all for the 2010 case and newer. I'm not sure if they fit the 2009 case though... anyways, I would suggest you get a 2010 case if you can so you can use those PCB's. Find a 2010 Mac Pro PSU too so you can use V3 of the PCB and not have to worry about modding a power supply. V3 allows you to use the original Mac Pro PSU.

Jeffinslaw

Indeed, I definitely learnt that either newer cases, as you mentioned, are the way to go. Either that or, as neilhart pointed out, the older G5 cases - kind of ironic how that works out. Since I already have the 2006 case, I'll take this as an opportunity to get my feet in the water, and see how far I can take this thing with modified metal and home made cabling. I will probably get around to playing with a 2010-2012 case at some point in the near future; and go about making a truly clean build that way.

It would be nice if this was something we could discuss a bit more freely here. But alas, I really want to thank all of you for your input on the topic, I hope others find this helpful. :D

You can discuss the PCB thing all you want, it just needs to follow site rules.

The source of the supplier was banned here for blatantly violating the rules of the site. We have the rules here dealing with sales to help protect users and the site from any shady transactions. This is a blanket rule for a reason and will not be a pick and choose thing.

The PCB builds are great builds and perfect for a no cut scenario. I applaud all who take the time to create these boards and the attention to detail is great but rules are rules and there are no user to user transactions here. There are business sites and legit sale sites that deal with that and protect the buyer and seller for all those reasons.

You can discuss the PCB thing all you want, it just needs to follow site rules.

The source of the supplier was banned here for blatantly violating the rules of the site. We have the rules here dealing with sales to help protect users and the site from any shady transactions. This is a blanket rule for a reason and will not be a pick and choose thing.

The PCB builds are great builds and perfect for a no cut scenario. I applaud all who take the time to create these boards and the attention to detail is great but rules are rules and there are no user to user transactions here. There are business sites and legit sale sites that deal with that and protect the buyer and seller for all those reasons.

I see, I was lacking some context, that makes total sense. Thanks for the clarification, eelhead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back