?
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I am a bit new to this - is it possible to get this graphic card working on my Mac Pro 8 core early 2008 3.1 on 10.8.2? If so can you guide me to the correct guide line ? Or is this config not supported at all?
many thanks

Mac Pro and Asus Geoforce GTX 660

GTX 660? Cause I hope your not replacing the AMD 5770 for an even older Geforce card from around 2005

sorry - correct :
ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Direct Cu II 2 GB

Yes it seems to be this way - infact I most likely misunderstood the fact that my card needed power. Since fans was running and light where showing - I thought the card was online. However I now understand that I need to to powr the card from the mother board. So as soon as I have found a 6 pin to 6 pin cable I should be fine :)

I am very new to this kind of graphic cards :clap:

Any need to flash the firmware to get these cards running full speed ?

Nige

Do you have the GTX660 running in PCIe or PCIe2 ?

Nige

Do you have the GTX660 running in PCIe or PCIe2 ?

Nige

Hi - the card works in my early 2008 Mac Pro with 10.8.2.

only thing that's is needed is to install the correct drivers from Nvidia first. It's the OSX ones at Nvidias site ( quadro 4400 ). No flashing or any other software tweaks. I have also learnt that the card really needs power from the motherboard using a 6 pin to 6 pin cable. I don't know how to properly benchmark the card - or the answer to your PCIe or PCIe2 question. Maybe someone else can share some light here.

I have a GT450 running in a 1,1 machine but I believe that to get the bootscreen and the full interconnect speed of the PCIe bus you have to flash the firmware !

Lots of conflicting info out there as to how this can be achieved !

Nige

The position I'm in now is that I have bought a GTX 570 for an early 2009 4,1 machine with a GT 120 already fitted, and want it to run full speed singularly (I have the two power cables for this card)

Nige

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back